The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Off Campus Accommdation

I received a email this Moring saying that i have been arrange with off campus accommodation. I m kind worry that off campus first year student is not involve with university activity as much as on campus student do. and is there anyone who also get this email?
Reply 1
Yep I am in the same situation as you pal it sucks right!
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
judge from the number of views and replies, i guess most people in here gets a on campus accmondation.
Reply 3
Ye so basically i was told if you go to City Block it is predominantly 2nd & 3rd year students with a few first years (4/15 per flat), the University of Cumbria is all 1st years and the final option is a mixture. Seriously considering deferring.
I got the email too. Really not pleased about it, and not pleased at the reason it has happened either. I am also really considering deferring, but it would only happen again next year. This really killed any excitement about going.
Reply 5
I feel the same, but i don't know what to do, even the freshers weekend is for those who lives on campus, there isn't any guild line for those who live off the campus, and yes, it kills all the excitement.
Reply 6
My college (Lonsdale) has arranged events for off campus students aswell so I can meet everyone who is in the same boat as me. I'm sure it won't be too bad, once we start we'll all get used to it and feel fine. I don't consider deferring. In the second year everyone lives off campus anyway. Plus I'm sure we will be just as involved in the activities as those who are on campus. Just make sure you attend loads of events to meet new people!
I haven't heard what college I am in either...
Reply 8
I don't which one is going to be my college either.
Reply 9
I think they say its expected mid September. Did u put Lancaster as your firm or insurance offer or did u get in through clearing?
I put it in as my insurance, and when I called up, they explained that clearing people got priority. Which is the main reason I am annoyed at what has happened.
Original post by ConnorHayward
I put it in as my insurance, and when I called up, they explained that clearing people got priority. Which is the main reason I am annoyed at what has happened.

Oh, that's a bit unfair really :/ is there no way of appealing or anything?
Reply 12
Clearing and firm choice students get guaranteed accommodation.

I am on of the lucky folk who got on campus accommodation as an insurance offer holder though >_> probably no consolation to you guys.

Don't worry about freshers, most colleges have complete arrangement for off campus accommodation holders :smile:

Hope to see you all on a few weeks :smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
We would like to take a moment to reassure you that we are committed to making sure that all of our incoming students have a fantastic experience during the first year of their studies. Students who are living off-campus will have the same opportunity to get involved in the college and university activities as any other student.

Within the next week students living off-campus will be assigned a college, which will then get in touch to provide more information about what to expect in the first few weeks. If you have any questions about living off-campus, please contact our Accommodation Hotline on 01524 594910.
Anyone get Cable Street??
I got Cable street! Haha! The last choice, just my luck.
Anyone got cable street moving into apartment 30? I know everyone in the apartment are freshers @ Lancaster Uni :L
It's actually a really nice apartment,except the kitchen is smaller than my shower... :L
Reply 17
Anyone at the University of Cumbria?
Does anyone actually know which apartments they are in at Cable Street?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending