The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
ciderpeter
Unless you are a true football fan you cannot experience the feelings it gives you - this is clearly the case here... Football is a way of life, and one which guys will never give up. :wink:

:yy: well said. Being a football fan, a proper one, isn't comparable to anything else and you shouldn't try to come between him and the world cup. It is a special time for all football supporters. But wrestling = seriously lame...
How do they think we feel every time they want to go shopping. :confused: :confused:
jose
:yy: well said. Being a football fan, a proper one, isn't comparable to anything else and you shouldn't try to come between him and the world cup. It is a special time for all football supporters. But wrestling = seriously lame...

Would have to be a pretty special girl to get precedence over football for me...
Reply 23
Exactly. And as someone posted earlier, before 2pm and after 10pm = no football (well highlights i suppose...).
It goes:

Football--Hot girl--------Normal girl------------------------Ps2----wrestling
(greatest-------------------------------------------------------->(****)
Reply 24
Anonymous
i'm 18 and living with my boyfriend, and i know how footie crazy he is. but how do i remind him i'm important too?

i tried being subtle...i tried being obvious, but i don't want have to tell him when i want attention. is watching the footie with him Really the only way?

:confused:

he also loves wrestling...probably just as much as footie...but i hate it. if he's not watchin it, he's playin it on ps2. again like the footie, i feel i've tried everything.

:frown:

The world cup comes around every 4 years so he is excited like us all! i am sure he is aware of you existing. Why not go down to the pub or in some square they have a giant screen up the atmosphere there is brilliant.

Just give him a little time and loving every now and again i am sure he will not be able to forget you!
Reply 25
jose
Exactly. And as someone posted earlier, before 2pm and after 10pm = no football (well highlights i suppose...).
It goes:

Football--Hot girl--------Normal girl------------------------Ps2----wrestling
(greatest-------------------------------------------------------->(****)

:toofunny: LOL!
You guys aren't listening to musicjunki - she's said it's not just the World Cup, it's been like this for a while now. Forget she mentioned the World Cup, it's a general "not giving her enough attention problem". Personally I really sympathise, because I'm a crap boyfriend in a very similar way (it's computer games rather than football for me), and I know how annoyed my girlfriend gets about it.
Reply 27
Hey i listened, just look at my simple diagram. It shows that football is great but wrestling is ****. Therefore it is the wrestling that should be sacrificed in order to spend more time with op, which she definitly deserves by the sounds of it.

If he's older than 10 he should have grown out of wrestling by now anyway so he shouldn't miss it.
Reply 28
Nevermind being a bad boyfriend, he sounds like a really boring person. He's an adult already (I assume) so there's no reason to suppose that any of this will change. Do you want to live your life like that- watching wrestling on a nice Sunday afternoon? That's all you have to ask yourself really. Trying to change people is never a great option.
No you don't.

:biggrin:
Reply 30
I'd bet if he wasn't watchin the world cup or on his ps2, we'd see a post about how you felt smothered by your boyfriend.

There's just no winning.
go watch it wiht him!! you can't seperate men and football. theres no point even gettign them to choose between the 2.
Yeah
Right, maybe a bit harsh. But did he give you attention before the world cup ? the ps2 stuff sounds gay... live football understandable, ps 2 over sex... no. If you dont like it, dump him, and lay me while youre at it, i'm horny as fooooooook

you are a prime ****
It just showps how sad football is i think.

"you cant separate men and football" sounds like something her boyfriend would say.

EDIT: I would never choose a football game over my fiance, and i like football.

Any guy who does obviously cares more about a game, than his girlfriend.

Fair enough i see your point the the world cup is only on for 5 weeks, but all the same, she has said that it aint just the world cup.

Wrestling? WTF? that started getting lame when i was like 11. Probably earlier than that.

I feel very sorry for you, and if anybody chooses something on tv over a person that they supposedly love.. then something is wrong i think.

And you shouldnt have to seduce your own bf just to get him away from his precious tele or ps2. Unless the world cup gives him sexual pleasure, like it seems to do to most yobs around world cup season.
Reply 34
Confuzzled!
I would never choose my fiance over a football game, and i like football.

Did you mean to say that?

To the OP I would recommend trying to get involved with the football with him. If you try to enjoy it then it won't be something separating the two of you but something you can do together.

I may not be the world's biggest football fan but there's something special about the World Cup that makes me want to watch all of it. Sure, this isn't totally based around the World Cup but it might be a good time to develop your own interest in the game (even if it starts by watching in order to pick out the fittest players :p:)

Just because you live with him doesn't mean that he owes you all of his time. He should be able to enjoy the football and that's fine, but the wrestling on PS2 over sex? That's the thing to be worried about here.
Edited, lol, cheers ^^
Reply 36
Yes it can seem like they're ignoring you and are putting the footy above you. But as someone said it does only come round every four years. Get involved in watching it with him, he'll probably love you more for showing an interest and then you'll probably get more attention once the match is over. I used to hate football, but my boyfriend adores it, so i started going to matches with him and watching games, now i wouldn't miss a game even if he did. And he tells me how much he likes me watching it with him. Give him a break, nagging at him or making him feel like he's not doing enough for you is probably not the best way to make him want you.
Reply 37
luckily for me my bf isnt into the footie too much.. but i totally feel where ur coming from... its stupid its a guy thing... u either watch it with him or id just go out with the girls and not dwell on it too much.. it isnt that he doesnt love u he just loves footy too!!
I do think its silly in the first place that he would choose footie over you... but your obviously not gonna get around that.

Im afraid im gonna have to agree n say that if you really want his attention, it may be an ides to get involved. I know it may be hard coz im well stubborn sometimes and it can be a pain when people tell you to 'get involved'

The wrestling thing is over the top, and so is the football in my eyes.... i may not be a 'true football fan' as someone mentioned earlier.

If u wanna talk then feel free to pm me anytime.

Dont let it get you down, a lot of men (excluding myself) turn into tv-addicted zombies every four years.

xx
Reply 39
hafz
go watch it wiht him!! you can't seperate men and football. theres no point even gettign them to choose between the 2.

Yeah it's like how you can't separate women from the sink- I always prefer washing up to sex.

Latest

Trending

Trending