West Ham
West Brom
--------
Crystal Palace
Sunderland
Norwich
Fulham
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm probably the only one of this forum that thinks we can still challenge for the title. Although, I'd say City are clear favourites.

10 pts isn't that bad.
right now if I were to guess, I would go for this as the top 8:

1. Manchester City - I think no team is super strong this season so I think it will be a pretty low points total that takes the league, their home form should see them just edge out Chelsea.
2. Chelsea - a lot will depend on whether they sign a striker in January or not I think, if they don't then they will probably finish 3rd or 4th, if they do then they will be City's main challengers.
3. Liverpool - Suarez is on top form this season and Rodgers seems to have a fairly settled team/squad right now.
4. Arsenal - they always make the top 4 so it's a safe bet they will again, they got shown up a few times of late though (City and United games in particular), they still lack defensive strength and Ozil can't carry them all the way to the title, Giroud is good but nothing like Suarez good so they can't rely on him either imo.
5. Manchester United - like Chelsea I think United's season will rest on what they do in January, if they sign a couple of CM's and a winger or two then they may well still make the top 4, without that though I think they will probably just fall short, they are still very much adjusting to life under Moyes and whilst I think they will do so, without the signings mentioned the team just isn't playing well enough to make the top 4.
6. Everton - seem to have found the right formula so far under Martinez, not sure whether it will last though, I would guess top 6 is likely though that may change.
7. Tottenham Hotspur - managerial side isn't the issue for Spurs imo, the players they signed will need more time to adjust to the team and some of them are either not complete articles yet or just not quite good enough for them to really challenge for a top 4 place, unless the new manager is a complete dud they should still be well inside the top 8 though.
8. Southampton - made a great start and have some good players, I reckon they may well pinch a top 8 place this season.
City
Chelsea
Arsenal
United
Liverpool
Everton
Spurs
Southampton
Dunno right now but I think Man City will win it. Can't quite decide between Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea for second.
Reply 85
Hmm, I posted mine in another thread before. Pretty dire looking back at that. I had this:

Spoiler

I think it has to be City in first place now. I can't call 2-7 at all really. United and Spurs are the worst off of the ones you'd expect to be in this position, yet I still feel like they will improve. On the other hand, I'm still waiting for Arsenal, Liverpool and Everton to slow down. This is all based on past seasons though, so maybe everyone's changed for good.
No way Liverpool will finish in the top 4. They are too rubbish.
Original post by Manchester United
I'm probably the only one of this forum that thinks we can still challenge for the title. Although, I'd say City are clear favourites. <br />
<br />
10 pts isn't <b>that</b> bad.

No I agree with you. Our next few games are West Ham (H), Hull (A), Norwich (A), Spurs (H), Swansea (H). I would expect 13 points minimum from that tbh (easier said than done though :tongue:), and with the teams above us having harder games/playing each other, they could easily all drop a few points. And if the gap is around 6 points in January, then it's definitely doable.
I admire your optimism but there is absolutely no way United are winning the league. Even if we won 19 of our remaining 22 games, that's ''only'' 82 points. City look unbeatable at home, Arsenal and Liverpool have been on a good run of form for an entire calendar year now and Chelsea are grinding out results despite playing poorly. This is what United did last year and have failed to do this time around (e.g Chelsea, Cardiff, Southampton). Displacing one of these teams would be possible, but displacing all four of them is not going to happen. I think 3rd place and a trophy is a very realistic target, and most United fans would have taken that before the start of the season.
oh really
Reply 90
I've been saying for a while that this January will be one of the biggest in a while - with the world cup in Brazil looming, a lot of players will be trying to force a move so they can get game time to prove themselves elsewhere.

On top of that, the top is so competitive this season, I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of owners/chairmen sanctioning some big money moves too.

Man City may spend big on a CB to shore up their defence
Chelsea may spend big on a midfield player and striker
Arsenal on a striker
Man Utd on a midfield player or two
Spurs may sell a few and buy a few depending on the new manager
Liverpool may add a couple of players considering FSG's ambitions

That's 6 possible big spenders with only 1 able to win the title and only 4 of 6 who can get champions league football. Each club will be worried about falling behind so as soon as one club spends big, the others will follow suit in a gamble since it's the last opportunity in January to add to your squad before the season end..
Reply 91
hahahahahahahahahahahaha
sorry but looking over the predictions at the beginning of the season and the middle. who'd have thought liverpool would be 2nd with 10 games left eh?
Original post by manchesterunited15
You reckon Liverpool will close a 28 point gap and then quite a bit more for the 3 places above United? That would pretty much make Moyes the worst manager ever.

So naive :facepalm:
Funny thread. Not going to name shame and expose, United fans have Moyes so I pity them too much
Reply 94
Yeah of course there's going to be a slight decline, but 1st to 5th?! I'm pretty sure Blackburn in 96 are the only team to have done that, and United actually have a stronger squad than last year.

I think Liverpool will do well this year and will be in a fight for 4th with Spurs and Arsenal, but the team that finished 7th and 8th in the last 2 years suddenly finishing above the top 2 from the last 2 years is just so unlikely.

Are you a Liverpool fan btw?

More like 1st to 10th haha hahahaha. Man U are soooo bad this season, no one could have predicted it

Posted from TSR Mobile
'FINAL premier league table predictions.'

It's December ffs.

And now its March and things haven't changed much.
Original post by So Instinct
And now its March and things haven't changed much.

Original post by Ciaran
More like 1st to 10th haha hahahaha. Man U are soooo bad this season, no one could have predicted it

Posted from TSR Mobile

At least I can laugh at myself :tongue:

So naive :facepalm:
Reply 97
Original post by Pete_91
1. Chelsea
2. Man City
3. Man United
4. Arsenal
5. Spurs
6. Liverpool
7. Everton
8. Swansea
9. West Ham
10. Aston Villa
11. Southampton
12. Fulham
13. Norwich
14. Cardiff
15. Newcastle
16. West Brom
17. Sunderland
18. Stoke City
19. Crystal Palace
20. Hull

Swap United and Liverpool around and I reckon 1-7 are on the money.
Every time recently that Arsenal have been in the title race (07/08 and 09/10), they seem to collapse around March.
I'd flip a coin on Chelsea and City, although I fancy Chelsea because of the games in hand that are racking up against City

The Liverpool vs City and Liverpool vs Chelsea games will probably determine where the spoils will go
top 8 prediction:

1. Chelsea
2. Manchester City
3. Liverpool
4. Arsenal
5. Tottenham
6. Manchester United
7. Everton
8. Newcastle

Quick Reply

Latest