The Student Room Group

Final Premier League table prediction for 13/14

I know we had a prediction thread before the season started but the transfer window adds some drama and game changers and with the window closing, I thought it was time to see everyone's predictions again!

My prediction is as follows:

1. Man City
2. Chelsea
3. Man Utd
4. Arsenal
5. Liverpool
6. Tottenham
7. Everton
8. West Ham
9. Swansea
10. Southampton
11. Aston Villa
12. Fulham
13. Newcastle
14. Norwich City
15. West Brom
16. Cardiff
17. Sunderland
18. Stoke City
19. Hull City
20. Crystal Palace

I think the table will be a lot tighter than previous years with more draws generally. Think the title winners will only get 80-85 points with the rest of the top 3 within 5 points of them. Think 4th to 6th will be very tight too but not as high scoring as the last couple of seasons.

West Ham and Swansea as my picks to overachieve this season with West Brom falling down from last year's great performance.
Think two of the newly promoted sides will go down and also Stoke (though I think Mark Hughes will be fired too).

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
1. Man City
2. Man United
3. Chelsea
4. Tottenham
5. Arsenal
6. Liverpool
7. Everton
8. Swansea
9. West Ham
10. Southampton
11. West Brom
12. Fulham
13. Newcastle
14. Cardiff
15.Aston Villa
16. Norwich
17. Sunderland
18. Stoke City
19. Hull City
20. Crystal Palace
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Opts
1. Man City
2. Man United
3. Chelsea
4. Liverpool
5. Arsenal
6. Tottenham
7. Everton
8. Swansea
9. West Ham
10. Southampton
11. West Brom
12. Fulham
13. Newcastle
14. Cardiff
15.Aston Villa
16. Norwich
17. Sunderland
18. Stoke City
19. Hull City
20. Crystal Palace

1.Chelsea
2. Liverpool
3. Manchester City
4. Tottenham
5. Manchester United
6. Arsenal
7. Southampton
8. Everton
9. West Ham
10. Aston Villa
11. Swansea
12. Fulham
13. West Brom
14. Sunderland
15. Newcastle United
16. Stoke City
17. Cardiff City
18. Norwich
19. Crystal Palace
20. Hull City

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
1. Chelsea
2. Man City
3. Man United
4. Arsenal
5. Spurs
6. Liverpool
7. Everton
8. Swansea
9. West Ham
10. Aston Villa
11. Southampton
12. Fulham
13. Norwich
14. Cardiff
15. Newcastle
16. West Brom
17. Sunderland
18. Stoke City
19. Crystal Palace
20. Hull
1. Man City
2. Chelsea
3. United
4. Spurs
5. Arsenal
6. Liverpool
7. Everton
8. Swansea
9. West Ham
10. Southampton
11. Aston Villa
12. West Brom
13. Norwich City
14. Newcastle
15. Fulham
16. Cardiff
17. Sunderland
18. Stoke City
19. Hull City
20. Crystal Palace

Top 3 will be very tight this year, think City will edge it. Not convinced on Eto, his record in Russia doesn't seem very good, but I haven't watched him play so I could be wrong. Spurs and Arsenal will be very tight for 4th, a few injuries to either side could swing it. Pellegrini is a good manager and City have a strong squad, could take them some time to settle into his style though. If Fellaini settled well into his deeper role at United and Moyes figures out that Giggs and Welbeck don't have to play every match, and remembers who Kagawa is we have a decent shot. If Spurs' signings settle in well then I think they will be favourites, just. Liverpool just a few points behind in 6th.

Hope to god Stoke get relegated, not just for being stoke, but for being stupid enough to give Mark Hughes a job. Don't think Palace stand much of a chance, shame as I quite like them, Hull will almost certainly go down as well.
(edited 10 years ago)
1) Manchester United
2) Chelsea
3) Manchester City
4) Arsenal
5) Tottenham
6) Liverpool
7) Swansea
8) Everton
9) Southampton
10) West Ham
11) Fulham
12) Aston Villa
13) Norwich
14) Newcastle
15) Cardiff
16) West Brom
17) Hull
18) Sunderland
19) Stoke
20) Crystal Palace
Reply 6
1. Man City
2. Chelsea
3. United
4. Arsenal
5. Spurs
6. Liverpool
7. Swansea
8. Everton
9. West Ham
10. Norwich City
11. Aston Villa
12. Southampton
13. West Brom
14. Fulham
15. Newcastle
16. Cardiff
17. Stoke City
18. Sunderland
19. Hull City
20. Crystal Palace
1. Chelsea
2. Man City
3. Arsenal
4. Man Utd
5. Liverpool
6. Tottenham
1. Chelsea
2. City
3. United
4. Liverpool
5. Arsenal
6. Spurs
Original post by TaylorGang_4
1.Chelsea
2. Liverpool
3. Manchester City
4. Tottenham
5. Manchester United
6. Arsenal
7. Southampton
8. Everton
9. West Ham
10. Aston Villa
11. Swansea
12. Fulham
13. West Brom
14. Sunderland
15. Newcastle United
16. Stoke City
17. Cardiff City
18. Norwich
19. Crystal Palace
20. Hull City

Posted from TSR Mobile

You joker
Reply 10
1. Man Utd
2. Chelsea
3. Arsenal
4. Man City
5. Spurs
6. Liverpool
7. Everton
8. Southampton
9. Swansea
10.West Ham
11.Aston Villa
12.Fulham
13.Stoke
14.Norwich City
15.Cardiff
16.Newcastle
17.West Brom
18. Sunderland
19. Hull City
20. Crystal Palace
Original post by manchesterunited15
You joker

Watch United's demise under Moyes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Watch United's demise under Moyes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You reckon Liverpool will close a 28 point gap and then quite a bit more for the 3 places above United? That would pretty much make Moyes the worst manager ever.
1-Man Utd - they always manage it somehow.
2-Chelsea
3-City
4-Arsenal
5-Liverpool
6-Spurs
7-Everton
----------------------
16-West Brom
17-Fullham
18-Crystal Palace
19-Sunderland
20-Hull City

Based on the players/managers/first 3 games.
You reckon Liverpool will close a 28 point gap and then quite a bit more for the 3 places above United? That would pretty much make Moyes the worst manager ever.

No that wouldn't make him the worst manager ever, it's understandable when there's a change in leadership, that there's a decline in quality. It's been happening to Liverpool for the past 4 seasons, now Rodgers is in charge they have stability, something United don't have.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No that wouldn't make him the worst manager ever, it's understandable when there's a change in leadership, that there's a decline in quality. It's been happening to Liverpool for the past 4 seasons, now Rodgers is in charge they have stability, something United don't have.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah of course there's going to be a slight decline, but 1st to 5th?! I'm pretty sure Blackburn in 96 are the only team to have done that, and United actually have a stronger squad than last year.

I think Liverpool will do well this year and will be in a fight for 4th with Spurs and Arsenal, but the team that finished 7th and 8th in the last 2 years suddenly finishing above the top 2 from the last 2 years is just so unlikely.

Are you a Liverpool fan btw?
Yeah of course there's going to be a slight decline, but 1st to 5th?! I'm pretty sure Blackburn in 96 are the only team to have done that, and United actually have a stronger squad than last year.

I think Liverpool will do well this year and will be in a fight for 4th with Spurs and Arsenal, but the team that finished 7th and 8th in the last 2 years suddenly finishing above the top 2 from the last 2 years is just so unlikely.

Are you a Liverpool fan btw?

Yes.:wink:
Yes.:wink:

I knew that was the only logical explanation :laugh:
1. Chelsea
2. City
3. Arsenal

Close between top 2, Mourinho is smart and is good at winning leagues. Chelsea have a strong squad to go with it so I'd put my money on them. City may do it- it will be close, on paper the best team in the league so I wouldn't rule them out. I don't know much about Pelligrini so :dontknow:
Arsenal is Arsenal, most likely to get 3-4th. Panic buying Ozil isn't going to shoot them into first, regardless of what they like to think. They will have half a decent season, so their placing depends on the other two teams (Manu LFC) and if Liverpool can keep up their form with the addition of their best player in Suarez still too come back.

4. Manu
5. Liverpool
6. Tottenham

As for Manu you well, they will decline for sure- question is how much. I reckon LFC can compete with them and if they beat us it wont be by much.
4-6 will be tight. 3-6 points in it perhaps. I can see any of the 3 teams getting 4th with Liverpool/Tottenham being the outsiders/dark horses if you will.
Tottenham on paper have improved dramatically but haven't impressed, bit stale but Lamela may or may not change that. They needed numerous miracles from Bale to even stay in the race for 4th, I just don't see anyone in their team who will fill his boots. Nor do I see them suddenly gelling before Christmas - Feb by which point they may have lost quite a lot of points.

As for Liverpool it depends on our Christmas period one would think. Hard fixtures thick and fast, if we manage to beat the teams we are supposed to and stay 3rd or 4th come Christmas I'd say we could be in for a shout. We've improved a lot and we are playing with an unfit striker only back from injury and still have arguably the best player in the league to come back as I said before.

Edit- Made a new one for December.

1. City
2. Arsenal
3. Chelsea

City, oh City.. They're one of the best teams in the world at home, yet away they are messy. I reckon they will sort it out though, their attack is the strongest in the PL and they're destroying teams. Can't see them not winning as long as they sort out the away form.
Arsenal, playing good football. The signing of Ozil spurred them on (ucwhatIdidthere), but the rise of Ramsey and signing of Falamini have been the source of their uprising, their attack is strong and defense is on form with protection from Flamini. I think they will drop off, with the loss of Koscielny and they wont stave of City for the title chase and it will be close between Arsenal/Chelsea even if Chelsea have been poor yet quite lucky. I think Arsenal will do what Arsenal always do and have a tittle winning run of games which happened at the start of the season this time, so now their annoying fans are hyped.
Chelsea aren't playing well, there is a fact. They are leaky at the back and their strikers can't score, but they're doing what solid big teams do and that is getting the points even without good performances. Can't see them winning it, not when playing like this it would just be tragic, wouldn't be the first time though..

4. Liverpool
5. Everton
6. Tottenham

Liverpool We've made a great start this season, currently sitting second and likely to go top come the weekend at least until Arsenal playing assuming they win. It's odd, I reckon we will get 4th but there is nothing to say we wont get 3rd or even second, winning the title is perhaps too much of a stretch. With Chelsea not playing well and still having to face many big teams it's likely they will drop points, if they lose to LFC I would say we would finish above them. As for Arsenal it will all depend if they trail of like I think they will, depending on its intensity we could go ahead of them but I don't think it will be that bad and they will hold out for second.
Everton have been playing well, draws at AFC, LFC, winning at Manu and all the other poorer teams have shown they will be competitive this year. Martinez has impressed.
Tottenham / Manu will be competing for the sixth spot, Manu have been poor. They've been an okay team with two good strikers and the best manager in the world for a few years now. Now the managers gone and they've brought in an average manager in 'The Chosen One' they've been looking average as a whole. With their spoiled fans it's hard to feel sorry for them and it has most people thinking "it's about time".
Tottenham have spent big but been lackluster, with the rash firing of AVB, I hope they plummet- to show what rash decisions do. I doubt they will bring anyone decent in, but if they do he will have a great set of players to work with lets just hope he's **** too. Personally and would love to see both these teams stuck fighting for sixth for the next 10 years.

7. Manu
8. Southampton
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest