The Student Room Group

Objectivist Society?

Just wondered how many people have read any of the works of Ayn Rand or any more recent scholars, and I was hoping to set up a society where we can discuss things like it's cultural impact and philosophical merits!

It's true that her ideas have had more work in the USA than here, but us Brits camr up with the idea of limited government and rule of law. :p:

Hopefully we'll get some replies.
Planning to read some of this in the summer.
Well if you gave your support to the creation of such a society we could introduce you to some online Objectivist material. I maintain that this society isn't just for followers of Objectivism, but merely a talking shop. I aim to cater for all needs. :smile:
Bump?
Sorry, but bump :frown:

I've just posted something in the Libertarian forusm so this thread will get a lot more interest soon.
Reply 5
Yes, I have some familiarity with it.

There was a character on here once with the username 'Objectivism' who, unsurprisingly, liked it all.
Reply 6
I've heard of her, and am trying to find some work of hers. Will definately read up on it though.
How many people does a prospective society need to get approved by the mods?
Well I made my application known to the mods... nothing yet, which is odd because this society would have more members than the TSR communist party - Even they have a society!
YAY! New society... just me as a member though... :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending