The Student Room Group

Why can't i get to sleep?!

Okay, its gone midnight, ive been lying in my bed for three hours now and its the night before first day back at school and i cant sleep -.- whyyyy?????

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because you are on TSR.

A few tips though:

Get comfortable and then don't move an inch (other than breathing/swallowing).

If it's too hot, open the windows, get a thinner duvet/blanket and don't cover yourself completely with it.

Get a glass of iced water or a mug of hot chocolate as appropriate.

Turn off all gadgets and lights, tidy up your room, and make sure you're happy that everything is ready for tomorrow.

This should make everything seem done and dusted for the day, and put your mind at rest if you're feeling anxious.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
I only came on here as a consequence of not being able to sleep though :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Because you're subconsciously anxious about school tomorrow since its the first day back after a long time. You're also thinking about the fact that you can't sleep which is making you even more anxious. Just relax, sleep will come when it has to.
Reply 4
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
Reply 5
I haven't had a good night's sleep this whole week, and it's not only because of the weather. The pillows are just too hard, can't place them properly, even the cool side is warm :frown:
Bah your bishop and see if that helps.
I also can not get to sleep :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
You need to get off TSR DUHHHHHHHH
Insomnia's a bitch, I've had it since 12

Get rid of all artificial light sources and make sure you aren't on the computer for a couple hours begone you go to bed. Don't go to bed on a full stomach. Have a warm drink. Lavender oil is meant to help.

There are a lot of self help books out there and pills but thu never worked for me. I can't recommend what I use now because you sound pretty young and it's pretty illegal lol
Reply 10
I used to hate not being able to sleep the night before the first day back at school. Happens to the best of us. Once you get back into a routine you will be fine.
Reply 11
And btw, counting sheep does NOT work

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
For me at least it's usually because I don't do enough in the day to make me tired. Even when I am tired I sometimes have trouble sleeping, and that I can't explain.

I don't expect to sleep for another couple of hours, probably three.
Reply 13
Whats the recomended amount of sleep youre meant to have?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Physics4Life
Whats the recomended amount of sleep youre meant to have?

Posted from TSR Mobile

8-9 hours.
They say 8 hrs..
Stare at your ceiling until yur eyes become tired then go with the flow, it works in your type of circumstances.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
I can cope on less than 5 i guess...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Listen to something relaxing? I listen to some recordings and wake up in the morning with mp3 player under my back because I shut down in like 15 minutes :mmm:

Quick Reply

Latest