The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Biology at Warwick

Hey there, I asked this question a while back and got only a few responses. I'm applying for a biology degree in 2014 and I was wondering what current/past students think of Warwick's facilities, teaching and just the experience in general.

I'm attending an open day in a few weeks but I'd just like to get some indications before hand as I'm still undecided over a few of my choices. I heard that biology at Warwick went through a fairly rough patch due to the ex-head of department but it's over that blip now.

Any opinions? Even if you've got some friends who have done biology at Warwick I'd love to know how they found it. Thanks in advance. :smile:
Reply 1
I studied a modern foreign language at Warwick (graduated in 2012), so can give you general information about campus life although I don't know anyone who studied biology. I guess the main thing to remember is that it's not a city university. Coventry city centre (so also the train station) is about half an hour on the bus from campus, and it's not the nicest city centre although it has excellent transport links to Birmingham and London. This also means that options for nights out can seem a bit limited in first year (in subsequent years, people discover Leamington, etc, so it's okay) but, honestly, since everyone's in the same boat you really do make your own fun. Campus is well equipped - there's a Costcutters for emergencies, and a massive Tesco just off campus; and there's most of the major banks, too.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Thanks for your reply. I'm not a major party-goer tbh so that doesn't bother me.too much. Most of my choices are campus universities so hopefully I will like Warwick just as much on the open day. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest