The Student Room Group

Goldman Sachs ATA Apprenticeship

Hi guys, I was just wandering if anyone else has applied for this?
If so do you have an interview next week?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i have also applied to this apprenticeship, my interview is also next week. However i have had no luck in finding any good useful information regarding the tests and short interview.
Reply 2
Original post by mani_89
i have also applied to this apprenticeship, my interview is also next week. However i have had no luck in finding any good useful information regarding the tests and short interview.

That's good. Are you looking to a get a job with them in the long term or are you on a gap year or something?

Regarding the tests and interview, me neither.
Reply 3
Thanks. Just the beginning though..I am looking to get a job with them hopefully, how about you? Have you applied? If yes did you get an interview?
Reply 4
Original post by mani_89
Thanks. Just the beginning though..I am looking to get a job with them hopefully, how about you? Have you applied? If yes did you get an interview?

Me too although i'm on a gap year atm but I wouldn't mind working for them in the future. Yes I've also got an interview next week. Which day are you in for? Btw are you a graduate or pre-uni/school leaver?
Reply 5
I'm a pre-uni/school leaver. My interview is on Thursday. How about yourself? Really don't know what expect. Tryin to prepare for anything and everything.
Reply 6
Original post by 99ja02
Hi guys, I was just wandering if anyone else has applied for this?
If so do you have an interview next week?

Hi- Just wondering which apprenticeship this is? Could you kindly direct me with a link?
Would really appreciate it.
Reply 8
Original post by mani_89
I'm a pre-uni/school leaver. My interview is on Thursday. How about yourself? Really don't know what expect. Tryin to prepare for anything and everything.

Mine is on Friday. Same here, not really sure what to expect. Did they say you'll be doing a functional skills test for english, maths & ICT?
Reply 9
Yup they did. Also a shirt interview after. How are you going about preparing for it? (If you don't mind me asking)
Reply 10
Original post by mani_89
Yup they did. Also a shirt interview after. How are you going about preparing for it? (If you don't mind me asking)

Are you revising for the test?
I'm just going to read their website and practice the predictable questions, what about you?
I have a feeling we will all be having group interviews as all the available interview sessions were at 10 am...
Reply 11
Guys, what did you get in your A-Levels? Just want to know how competitive this apprenticeship is, I got AABa by the way..
Reply 12
Original post by AnharM
Guys, what did you get in your A-Levels? Just want to know how competitive this apprenticeship is, I got AABa by the way..

I got A*AAB, but its not all about grades, some of the applicants will be school leavers etc. Out of interest are you planning on going to university/on a gap year?
Reply 13
Original post by 99ja02
I got A*AAB, but its not all about grades, some of the applicants will be school leavers etc. Out of interest are you planning on going to university/on a gap year?

Yep, I'm taking a gap year, and I'm guessing you are too? Well, I'll be taking my exams at the end of the year to get A*AAA overall because I want those grades, but I won't be attending any of my classes in college. I will be studying at home. I really want to get into a top university, such as UCL/LSE or Warwick for Economics/Statistics.
Reply 14
Yes I am. Unfortunately, I've had to pull out of the application due to unforeseen circumstances.

How did your interviews go guys?
Reply 15
Original post by AnharM
Well, I'll be taking my exams at the end of the year to get A*AAA overall because I want those grades, but I won't be attending any of my classes in college. I will be studying at home. I really want to get into a top university, such as UCL/LSE or Warwick for Economics/Statistics.

What subjects are you doing? That sounds like hard work, doing some resits while working full time as well as studying for the Business Admin NVQ.
Reply 16
Original post by 99ja02
What subjects are you doing? That sounds like hard work, doing some resits while working full time as well as studying for the Business Admin NVQ.

Resitting Maths and Biology, and taking my A-Level Further Maths. Already got the A for Chemistry, so I won't be resitting that. And I want the A* for Maths. Erm, I'll only have 7 exams in the whole year, so I'll be more than prepared for my exams. I guess I'll have to make a timetable for both, and manage both at the same time.
Reply 17
Original post by AnharM
Resitting Maths and Biology, and taking my A-Level Further Maths. Already got the A for Chemistry, so I won't be resitting that. And I want the A* for Maths. Erm, I'll only have 7 exams in the whole year, so I'll be more than prepared for my exams. I guess I'll have to make a timetable for both, and manage both at the same time.

Oh ok. How was the interview? was it a group interview?
Reply 18
Has anyone gotten their interview results yet?
Reply 19
I've passed the first interview stage and English, ICT, Maths tests. I have the main interview on Thursday, anyone preparing for this? Any help and guidance will be appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending