The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA Triple Science - 9 Exams - June 2014

Hi guys,

So recently I had completed my core science and additional science exams and I received results that I was unhappy with. I have been given the option to carry on with this course and do the further additional science (giving me 3 exams near May/June 2014.) However, I don't want to take that route and I have also been given the option to take the triple science course (which is essentially the same thing) but take 9 exams in May/June 2014. I think the route with the 9 exams is the best for me as I am unable to retake the exams that I just took and am unhappy with.

Also, how do I proceed to revise for these exams as I have plenty of time (around 8 months) to revise?
Any advice would be appreciated.

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by JustAnotherExam
Hi guys,

So recently I had completed my core science and additional science exams and I received results that I was unhappy with. I have been given the option to carry on with this course and do the further additional science (giving me 3 exams near May/June 2014.) However, I don't want to take that route and I have also been given the option to take the triple science course (which is essentially the same thing) but take 9 exams in May/June 2014. I think the route with the 9 exams is the best for me as I am unable to retake the exams that I just took and am unhappy with.

Also, how do I proceed to revise for these exams as I have plenty of time (around 8 months) to revise?

I'm in roughly the same situation as you, though I'm on OCR. Anyway, I would suggest looking over your notes quite early for the core and Additional modules so you have more time closer to the exam to revise the harder triple content. If you want any help let me know. Remember, doing triple will not nullify the core and additional results as they have already been cashed in, so you will end up with 5 science GCSEs :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by JustAnotherExam
Hi guys,

I'm doing triple science on aqa. I think it depends on what you feel comfortable doing and what you want to do in the future. In my school we weren't able to sit our core and additional exams earlier so I have all of them in June as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did AQA GCSE Triple Science last year, I recommend you do lots and lots of past papers to learn the technique, and look at mygcsescience (basically amazing!!)

Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest