History at Southampton uni anyone?

Is anyone studying History at Southampton uni this year?? :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 1
Me! :smile:
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Hopefully I will be! (haven't sent my UCAS off yet though)
Reply 3
Just received an unconditional for history & archaeology so I will probably be there :smile:
Original post by Spaldingas
Just received an unconditional for history & archaeology so I will probably be there :smile:

did you already have your grades?
Reply 5
Original post by frightfulblob
did you already have your grades?

Yeah, currently on a gap year as I didn't have a clue what I wanted to do when I was in my last year of sixth form.
Yeah, currently on a gap year as I didn't have a clue what I wanted to do when I was in my last year of sixth form.

Yeah, that's cool! What have you done this year then? Why did you choose history and archaeology then, what do you plan to do with it afterwards?
Reply 7
Yeah, that's cool! What have you done this year then? Why did you choose history and archaeology then, what do you plan to do with it afterwards?

I've been working two part-time jobs and just trying to work out what to do really. Decided to follow my passion of history and study that, but afterwards I don't really know, potentially something with English Heritage or National Trust if I can, maybe teaching. As long as it involves history I will be happy :smile:
I've been working two part-time jobs and just trying to work out what to do really. Decided to follow my passion of history and study that, but afterwards I don't really know, potentially something with English Heritage or National Trust if I can, maybe teaching. As long as it involves history I will be happy :smile:

Ah brilliant, I'm in sort of the same situation! I feel exactly the same, it's great to know that someone else is feeling like that, what grades did you get?
I shall not be studying history at Southampton University.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
I shall not be studying history at Southampton University.

Because you didn't get a place, or you don't like it?
Because you didn't get a place, or you don't like it?

Because I'm applying for Finance and not at Southampton :biggrin: I just wanted to troll :frown:
Reply 12
Ah brilliant, I'm in sort of the same situation! I feel exactly the same, it's great to know that someone else is feeling like that, what grades did you get?

ABB, A in history, B in English literature and English language. What about you? And what have you been doing in your gap year?
ABB, A in history, B in English literature and English language. What about you? And what have you been doing in your gap year?

Got three A*s in history/English lit and Fine Art. Urm well my gap year was unplanned at I withdrew from a different university, soo trying to work out what the hell to do next and then some volunteering at a primary school and charity shop whilst looking for work. There's no jobs around here really! So all i have is one day in retail and two evenings waitressing, kind of sucks really!

I was thinking of doing a history degree to then teach afterwards, but PGCEs cost a bomb and I'm too poor to probably to one ahhhh but I have no idea what else to do:tongue:

What are your part time jobs?
Reply 14
Got three A*s in history/English lit and Fine Art. Urm well my gap year was unplanned at I withdrew from a different university, soo trying to work out what the hell to do next and then some volunteering at a primary school and charity shop whilst looking for work. There's no jobs around here really! So all i have is one day in retail and two evenings waitressing, kind of sucks really!

I was thinking of doing a history degree to then teach afterwards, but PGCEs cost a bomb and I'm too poor to probably to one ahhhh but I have no idea what else to do:tongue:

What are your part time jobs?

I work at the very glamorous (!) Sports Direct hahaha, but I am also a self-employed badminton coach. Just needed the flexibility of a zero hour contract so I could do more coaching. I'm looking to change to one part-time job once I start uni next year, but a better paying one with regular hours :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending