The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i did mid tudor crisis and ran out of time!!
and my answer to qu B. was really short (only 3 and a half pages, and loads of other ppl were asking for extra paper :frown: )
Was the unrest 1547-1558 due to political or economic grievances? i said religious :s-smilie: was a pretty good question and I wasted it! hmph .
Reply 2
Kittycat
i did mid tudor crisis and ran out of time!!
and my answer to qu B. was really short (only 3 and a half pages, and loads of other ppl were asking for extra paper :frown: )
Was the unrest 1547-1558 due to political or economic grievances? i said religious :s-smilie: was a pretty good question and I wasted it! hmph .

i did that one too - the questions were quite good, i felt really rushed too but managed to write some kind of conclusion for part b!
i gave it all i had! - just hope it's enough for an A for uni...

History A level is now OVER - yay!! :smile: :biggrin:
Hitler: Power and Control questions were alright, actually. The Weak/Strong dictator debate yet again (it comes up about every two years :p:) and then one about Goering's significance in Government, though I may have half answered that as how powerful he was... Oh well, it's over now... YAY!
Reply 4
cr@p i forgot to cross my planning out! oh no.... i hope they realise when me answer started :frown:
Reply 5
Did anyone do paper 2A on Cromwell and the Protectorate? I found it pretty hard really, I don't know a lot on the Major Generals. Still, if you got an A last year, hopefully that's enough to pass overall, right?! I have to hope so! :rolleyes:
Reply 6
Bottekrank
Still, if you got an A last year, hopefully that's enough to pass overall, right?! I have to hope so! :rolleyes:

hope so :redface:
Reply 7
Elusive Moose
Hitler: Power and Control questions were alright, actually. The Weak/Strong dictator debate yet again (it comes up about every two years :p:) and then one about Goering's significance in Government, though I may have half answered that as how powerful he was... Oh well, it's over now... YAY!

I did that one too, the questions were ok but I ran out of time a bit on the second question.:frown:
I did the Stalin one. So many people came out of the exam and were like.. what?! For me it was mainly timing.. didn't have enough time to fit in the points I wanted to. And also the fact that normally I use the sources really analytically and I really don't think I did that much in this exam! Grrr! Plus I think I got completely the wrong end of the stick on question A which could mean losing nearly all of the marks :frown:
Reply 9
I think it went ok. I was doing the stalin question.... it was a bit of a shock to get culture since the AS was similar but it helped in some respects. I think I did ok, not brilliantly though.
I did Hitler and the Nazi State and I didn't do too well on the first question because I don't really have any own knowledge about Goering, so I just relied on the sources in a very GCSE like way. The second question was much better though, the topic I was hoping for, and since that's worth twice as many marks, I'm hoping I still did pretty well overall.
Reply 11
Oh dear I didn't cross my plans out either... oh well, I don't think it will matter, they'll know it's a plan seeing as I wrote 'plan' in the answer next to it. I did Hitler and the Nazis too, I think it went okay, I expected to just stare at the table, forget my pen, write on the desk instead of the answer booklet etc but I think it went ok.
emj56
I did the cold war to detente questions and erm i thought it was ok ish!
Although a bit shady asking for the continnation for the whole period of the cold war!! Thats a loonnnggg time!!
How was everybody elses questions?

Disastrously, I only talking about the New Cold War.

And talked about Yes and No factors, as opposed to other factors. I’m freaking out so much!

I mentioned Helsinki too much!
i wrote my huge plan on the exam question paper, i always do. I hope fridays exam is as good as this one.. I WISH!!

btw concerning uniform marks, are all the answers marks compared from all of the papers in this unit or are UMS marks different per topic in the unit? hmm dont know if that q makes sense..
alexandra
i wrote my huge plan on the exam question paper, i always do. I hope fridays exam is as good as this one.. I WISH!!

btw concerning uniform marks, are all the answers marks compared from all of the papers in this unit or are UMS marks different per topic in the unit? hmm dont know if that q makes sense..

Yeh that made sense hehe!

The UMS marks are the same no matter which topic you do.. it's the raw marks which differ for each topic in the unit. Cos if you look at last year's, for example, each unit has slightly different raw marks for an A, but the UMS is always 106/120 or 72/90.

Take a look:

http://www.edexcel.org.uk/VirtualContent/48523/6526_rep_sum056.pdf

Pages 11 & 12 :biggrin:
mellow-yellow
Yeh that made sense hehe!

The UMS marks are the same no matter which topic you do.. it's the raw marks which differ for each topic in the unit. Cos if you look at last year's, for example, each unit has slightly different raw marks for an A, but the UMS is always 106/120 or 72/90.

Take a look:

http://www.edexcel.org.uk/VirtualContent/48523/6526_rep_sum056.pdf

Pages 11 & 12 :biggrin:

wow thanks dudette :smile:

Edit: got my anwer from the website :smile:
Reply 16
I did the Decline of the Liberal Party. Not the most amazing topic under the sun, but it went suprisingly well! Only down side is yet again I've managed to present the most complicated argument known to God and man!
Reply 17
urgh.. i could have done so much better, but who knows.
Reply 18
I did the Liberals as well and seeing as there is only one question they can possibly sak on the subject the actual question was fine. Just didn't seem to answer it very well. Part a was a bit nasty and part b i just rambled on for ages about nothing in particular!
Reply 19
cr@p i forgot to cross my planning out! oh no.... i hope they realise when me answer started

Dont worry, me too...
And my plan was completely diff to the answer! doh.

Latest

Trending

Trending