The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway Waiting List for Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I live near Central London, so it's a bit of a long commute but it could be done temporarily. I'll probably phone or email Royal Holloway and ask what they recommend doing at this stage, but I think it would be unfair of me to agree to share a place when I'm so uncertain as to the chances of getting Royal Holloway accommodation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 21
It's a three hour plus journey for me so you can see why I kind of really need some accommodation sorted out! Plus I've already managed to get a Saturday job in Egham as well so I'd need to be there for the whole week really. Don't wanting to spend nearly 7 hours a day on public transport!
As a third year, i would recommend waiting at least another week to see how far you go down the waiting list before trying to find a place. I seem to recall in some instances it can go very quickly!
Most important thing: don't panic :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by dylanmaryk
I live near Central London, so it's a bit of a long commute but it could be done temporarily. I'll probably phone or email Royal Holloway and ask what they recommend doing at this stage, but I think it would be unfair of me to agree to share a place when I'm so uncertain as to the chances of getting Royal Holloway accommodation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You think we can apply for the 18+ oysters? I go central quite a bit for clubbing, so oyster is very convient.
Reply 24
Original post by swarfliam
As a third year, i would recommend waiting at least another week to see how far you go down the waiting list before trying to find a place. I seem to recall in some instances it can go very quickly!
Most important thing: don't panic :smile:

Oh really? Do you know how we'd find out how far down the list they are because I'm 75th and it's a long way down! But thank you very much for the info, I'll try not to panic for a few more days...
Reply 25
I think you should be able to apply for one already. Check the TfL site and just try going through the online process.
Reply 26
What would be helpful is if people on the waiting list that are on TSR can let us know when they get offered accommodation and then what number they were on the list so everyone know's how quickly they're offering out places! :smile:
Reply 27
Anyone can see any changes to the list, and so far there have been none.
Reply 28
Oh really? How do you do that? I thought it was a pdf file?
Reply 30
Oh I didn't realise that it would keep getting updated, any clue how often?
Reply 31
Afraid not. Wish I did.
Original post by mjsofique
Oh really? Do you know how we'd find out how far down the list they are because I'm 75th and it's a long way down! But thank you very much for the info, I'll try not to panic for a few more days...

It should update your place on the list i think. So keep an eye on it :smile:
Reply 33
I got a reply to my email to student accommodation:

Dear Dylan

Thank you for your email.

The waiting list was intended to give you an idea of the position of your application on the list; we will be continuing to issue room contracts to applicants over the coming week. This is because rooms have been offered to applicants, but not all of these room contracts have been accepted those which are not accepted by their deadline will be re-offered to the applicants on the waiting list. We are anticipating issuing some more room contracts to applicants during this week and will provide another update to students still on the waiting list on Friday. If we have been unable to offer you accommodation in halls by Friday we will provide you with further information on seeking private sector accommodation. If, however, you do not wish to wait, and would like to receive the information on private sector options now, please let us know.

Kind regards,

Rachael
Student Accommodation
Reply 34
I got a reply to my email to student accommodation:

Dear Dylan

Thank you for your email.

The waiting list was intended to give you an idea of the position of your application on the list; we will be continuing to issue room contracts to applicants over the coming week. This is because rooms have been offered to applicants, but not all of these room contracts have been accepted those which are not accepted by their deadline will be re-offered to the applicants on the waiting list. We are anticipating issuing some more room contracts to applicants during this week and will provide another update to students still on the waiting list on Friday. If we have been unable to offer you accommodation in halls by Friday we will provide you with further information on seeking private sector accommodation. If, however, you do not wish to wait, and would like to receive the information on private sector options now, please let us know.

Kind regards,

Rachael
Student Accommodation
Reply 35
Hey if i am currently 97th on the waiting list one for new undergrads is there a chance i could get an accommodation? because that is a long way down the list :frown:
Reply 36
I am 76th, but it sounds like there could be a lot of changes to the list this week. Wait and see what you get told this week.
Reply 37
Cheers for the update Dylan! I'm still worried about it coming to Friday and not having accommodation, but I suppose I'm just panicking loads. I'm becoming rather impatient haha
Reply 38
Hey what happens if we dont get accommodation this week what are we going to do?
Reply 39
They'll send emails about private sector places and you have to try and get a place there!

Quick Reply

Latest