The Student Room Group

Difference between GCSE and A-Level revision?

For my GCSE's, I wrote notes, and highlighted bits etc. as well as doing questions from the book. However, I've heard you have to use a different way when revising for your AS/A Levels...anyone got any tips?
Yes, you have to do lots of past papers and literally ace your exam technique in order to maximize your grade, but the main difference is that there is a lot more information in the syllabus that you have to cover, for example, in GCSE biology, you had to learn 30 pages out of the textbook, for A level it's more like 200, and the pages are pretty much packed full of information, also I would personally recommend the CGP revision guides as the are very concise :smile:
Reply 2
You don't need to use different method per se, unless you find that it's not working well for you. The main difference is that you need to constantly recap and make revision notes throughout the year rather than bulk revising before the exams if you want to do well as there's an awful lot of stuff to take in and it's really stressful if you leave it all until april/may before you start revising properly.
Reply 3
Rather than memorizing the information as in GCSE it's more understanding it at A Level (though, even at A Level, there is still a model way to do everything)
Reply 4
Thanks guys :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest