The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York Part-Time work availability?

Basically I get the lowest student maintenance loan and I will be in debt from the rent alone so I will need a part time job. Wondering if any returning students could say how they went about getting part time work and how long it took and what the general availability is. Or if any students arriving this year like myself will be job hunting? Thanks for the help
Reply 1
Original post by The_Oracle95
Basically I get the lowest student maintenance loan and I will be in debt from the rent alone so I will need a part time job. Wondering if any returning students could say how they went about getting part time work and how long it took and what the general availability is. Or if any students arriving this year like myself will be job hunting? Thanks for the help

I'm a fresher, On the Fresher's facebook page some of the college bars posted about vacancies. This new student night in York called 'Koi' club had vacancies. 'Milkround' and 'Indeed' were also talked about as job websites. Also if you choose to become a student ambassador you get paid £7 per hour. http://www.york.ac.uk/media/study/Student%20Ambassador%20Handbook.pdf
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by Alex360
I'm a fresher, On the Fresher's facebook page some of the college bars posted about vacancies. This new student night in York called 'Koi' club had vacancies. 'Milkround' and 'Indeed' were also talked about as job websites. Also if you choose to become a student ambassador you get paid £7 per hour. http://www.york.ac.uk/media/study/Student%20Ambassador%20Handbook.pdf

Can freshers be student abassadors?
Reply 3
Original post by gorve
Can freshers be student abassadors?

I'm not sure, the website just says 'current Undergraduates', I know at my interview day there were first year students giving tours of the campus. It's probably best to email
Reply 4
Original post by Alex360
I'm not sure, the website just says 'current Undergraduates', I know at my interview day there were first year students giving tours of the campus. It's probably best to email

Sorry to sound stupid who would be the best person to email?
Reply 5
Original post by gorve
Sorry to sound stupid who would be the best person to email?

"Student Ambassador Scheme
Reply 6
I will defiantly be job hunting when I get to York! I'm hoping I find something! I was also worried that loads of people wouldn't be getting jobs!! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Sainsbury's have loads of part time work advertised. I applied yesterday and got an email today asking to organise an interview date so I don't think they can be too fussy since it would be my first job
Horrible application form... probably done on purpose.

https://access.sainsburys.co.uk/OA_HTML/OA.jsp?page=/oracle/apps/irc/candidateSelfService/webui/VisVacDispPG&p_svid=812164&addBreadCrumb=Y&retainAM=Y&_ti=398413646&oapc=128&oas=Fb4LdQth0lL-FUSBVz4WCQ..&utm_source=Indeed&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Indeed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending