The Student Room Group

Going to my first football match

Hey guys, I'm a football fan and I'm going to see England play tonight at Wembley.

I've never been before but I got tickets :biggrin:
What do I need to bring?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
A pillow to fall asleep on after the dour display by the England team.

In all seriousness, check on the website which will list what you can/cannot take into the stadium. The food at Wembley is extortionate. Might need an umbrella with the rain (for to and from the stadium).
Original post by Zerforax
A pillow to fall asleep on after the dour display by the England team.

In all seriousness, check on the website which will list what you can/cannot take into the stadium. The food at Wembley is extortionate. Might need an umbrella with the rain (for to and from the stadium).

hi thanks, I've been to the website but can't any information about what to bring etc
Yeah it's gonna rain :frown: so i've got my umbrella
Reply 3
Eat before you go (maybe sneak something small in) and make sure you have a good time really that's about it:smile: Always feel that club football is a better atmosphere than national, but again, depends on the circumstances, sometimes national football has a great atmosphere!
Original post by MickIAC
Eat before you go (maybe sneak something small in) and make sure you have a good time really that's about it:smile: Always feel that club football is a better atmosphere than national, but again, depends on the circumstances, sometimes national football has a great atmosphere!

Thanks!
Reply 5
Original post by NikoB
hi thanks, I've been to the website but can't any information about what to bring etc
Yeah it's gonna rain :frown: so i've got my umbrella

Don't take anything sharp or which could be used as a weapon.

Tbh you could just show up with some clothes on your back and your ticket and you'd be fine.

Take a camera/phone if you want some pictures for yourself.
Some testosterone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes! Thanks!
Reply 8
Original post by NikoB
Hey guys, I'm a football fan and I'm going to see England play tonight at Wembley.

I've never been before but I got tickets :biggrin:
What do I need to bring?

Beer money, that is all.
Reply 9
So did the OP enjoy their first game?

You should go to a club game - usually better although a 4-0 win is never shabby.
Original post by Zerforax
So did the OP enjoy their first game?

You should go to a club game - usually better although a 4-0 win is never shabby.

It was awesome! I enjoyed it. But yeah I plan to go to my club one very soon :biggrin:
Original post by MickIAC

In most countries sure, but not in England!!
Original post by NikoB
It was awesome! I enjoyed it. But yeah I plan to go to my club one very soon :biggrin:

Who is your club?
Original post by barnetlad
Who is your club?

Chelsea.
Glad you enjoyed it, the first time you go to a game and see the pitch under the floodlights (if it's a night game) with all the fans cheering is something you can't really describe tbh :cool:.

Too late now but my tip would be for winter games; wear the biggest, thickest coat and woolly hat you own. You will freeze your tits off standing/sitting still in freezing temperatures for 2 hours. Hot Bovril is good though.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Glad you enjoyed it, the first time you go to a game and see the pitch under the floodlights (if it's a night game) with all the fans cheering is something you can't really describe tbh :cool:.

Too late now but my tip would be for winter games; wear the biggest, thickest coat and woolly hat you own. You will freeze your tits off standing/sitting still in freezing temperatures for 2 hours. Hot Bovril is good though.

Lol will do :wink:
It got a bit chilly in the England game!
Original post by Wilfred Little

In the stands at Elland Road it's been so cold I thought my feet would fall off, even in ugg boots! It's crazy how cold it gets on the terraces!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Problem with England games is that Wembley is such a ****ty area as well. Endless rows of nondescript terraced houses, dodgy Irish pubs and kebab shops. Wonder what foreign fans think when they come...
Original post by NikoB
Chelsea.

Good lad.
Reply 19
Original post by NikoB
Chelsea.

Nevermind then, you probably experienced more atmosphere from the Moldova fans at Wembley than you will at the Bridge.

Quick Reply

Latest