The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2014

Hey guys, this is a thread for those who want to apply to St George's University London to study medicine. I haven't seen a thread for 2014 applicants on here so i decided to make one.
Entry Requirements
http://www.sgul.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/mbbs5/entry-requirements

Above is the link to the entry requirements for 2014 entry. Good luck guys!!!
:goodluck: :colondollar::h:

P.S Facebook group for offer holders 2014 entry https://www.facebook.com/groups/496780123777300/
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Thanks, thinking of applying here!
Reply 2
Original post by Green Bubblegum
Thanks, thinking of applying here!

I've heard so many good things about the university :smile:
Original post by Joannywhite
I've heard so many good things about the university :smile:

Same here. It sounds like an excellent opportunity. :biggrin:

BTW What are you're stats?
Reply 4
Same here. It sounds like an excellent opportunity. :biggrin:

BTW What are you're stats?

GCSEs: Didn't do my GCSEs in the UK but 10As and 1B
A Level: AAAB
UKCAT: 668
:smile: wbu?
Reply 5
:hello:

I will be applying here if I get 650+ on my UKCAT.
Reply 6
Original post by cat-lover
:hello:

I will be applying here if I get 650+ on my UKCAT.

When is you UKCAT?
Reply 7
Might be applying here :smile:, not long to go before the final UCAS deadline, how's everyone's applications going?
GCSEs: Didn't do my GCSEs in the UK but 10As and 1B
A Level: AAAB
UKCAT: 668
:smile: wbu?

Did you do the equivalent to the GCSE?
I am a re-applicant although didn't apply to St.Georges before?
A-Level: A*AAB and haven't done my UKCAT yet!:biggrin:
Are you on a gap year?
Also, where else are you applying?
Reply 9
When is you UKCAT?

8th of September at 8:30 AM. :cry: Thanks for making the thread btw. :smile:
Original post by PG593
Might be applying here :smile:, not long to go before the final UCAS deadline, how's everyone's applications going?

I've written my PS but really need to fix how I've phrased things to make it flow better. :colondollar: I'm also starting some more work experience soon which I'm planning on including. Also have the UKCAT to worry about. :frown: Thankfully, I'm done with my A-levels so I don't need to worry about that and can spend all of my time on my application. :biggrin:

How about you? :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 11
8th of September at 8:30 AM. :cry: Thanks for making the thread btw. :smile:

No problem :smile:. Good luck for your UKCAT. I'm sure you will be fine :smile:
Are you on a gap year?

I have the same grades. :colone: What subjects did you do? And what are your GCSEs like? :tongue:
No problem :smile:. Good luck for your UKCAT. I'm sure you will be fine :smile:

Thank you, I really hope so. :redface:
Reply 14
Are you on a gap year?

I am also a re applicant and didnt apply to St George's before. I was unsuccessful last year and yes I am on a gap year. Thinking of applying to Dundee, Aberdeen and Sheffield as well. You?
Reply 15
I've written my PS but really need to fix how I've phrased things to make it flow better. :colondollar: I'm also starting some more work experience soon which I'm planning on including. Also have the UKCAT to worry about. :frown: Thankfully, I'm done with my A-levels so I don't need to worry about that and can spend all of my time on my application. :biggrin:

How about you? :smile:

Yeah it is something you have to do bit by bit but you still got loads of time in the weeks ahead especially if you're not going into A2s :biggrin: When are you sitting your UKCAT? Same here, thankfully have the grades and sat my UKCAT months ago, so it's just a matter of applying strategically :redface: I think you can start sending them off in mid September so roughly next week :eek: Great that you have more experience coming your way, finding a job fresh out of sixth form is a lot harder than I imagined
(edited 10 years ago)
I am also a re applicant and didnt apply to St George's before. I was unsuccessful last year and yes I am on a gap year. Thinking of applying to Dundee, Aberdeen and Sheffield as well. You?

I am thinking of applying to Sheffield as well!:biggrin:
I have the same grades. :colone: What subjects did you do? And what are your GCSEs like? :tongue:

Geo,Bio,Chem and Phy.

I didn't do my GCSE's , I was in Ireland and done the Junior Certificate.
Not quite the same.:smile:
Reply 18
I am thinking of applying to Sheffield as well!:biggrin:

YAAAY!!!! Good luck for your UKCAT :biggrin:
Original post by PG593
Yeah it is something you have to do bit by bit but you still got loads of time in the weeks ahead especially if you're not going into A2s :biggrin: When are you sitting your UKCAT? Same here, thankfully have the grades and sat my UKCAT months ago, so it's just a matter of applying strategically :redface: I think you can start sending them off in mid September so roughly next week :eek: Great that you have more experience coming your way, finding a job fresh out of sixth form is a lot harder than I imagined

Yeah I'm so glad I don't have A-levels to worry about anymore. :tongue: 8th of September. :frown: What are your academics and UKCAT like? And you're sending your application next week? :eek: I'm sending mine early October. And if only it was a job. :frown: It's like 2-3 weeks shadowing a doctor on wards which I'm really happy about as things like that are impossible to come by where I live (non-EU applicant).

Geo,Bio,Chem and Phy.

I didn't do my GCSE's , I was in Ireland and done the Junior Certificate.
Not quite the same.:smile:

I seee. Well done! :smile: My friend did Geography and she had all these huge 70 mark essays to write and it looked like a nightmare. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest