The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Joannywhite
Good choices. Im sure ull be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

have you done the ukcat this year?
are anyones parents going with on enrollment?
Would it be wise to apply here with UKCAT score of 640? Since averages maybe going down.
Original post by Murrray123
They say they don't look at your PS before you're given an interview. You never know they may look at it but i think for an interview you need to meet the academic cutoffs.

hi I applied last year, was waiting list and then got an offer. Although we were told that we were ranked by UKCAT they were looking at EVERYTHING inc personal statement. If you don't have much work experience then you might struggle get an offer at Georges as they really like work experience and volunteer work. You meet the criteria on the website and you WILL get an interview once you've had your interview if you meet the cut off for an offer you get an offer, if not then you're either put on the waiting list or rejected.
The best advice I ever received for applying to medical school is 'don't give them an excuse to say no'. Cover all bases and apply strategically. I wasn't the strongest candidate but I still got two interviews and an offer in the end.
Reply 2824
Hey, was just wondering if anybody knows exactly what we need to take to the interviews? Since they redid their website I can't find any of the information they initially sent out. Do we just have to take the forms they emailed us, or do we also need to take certificates and references and things? (I'm going for the 4 year course, if that makes any difference...)
Reply 2825
Original post by tania<3
Hello new potential SGUL-ers :biggrin:

Welcome to the horrible process known as the dreaded UCAS application :tongue: Those who are sitting UKCATs soon - good luck!

I'm Tania, second year medic at George's :biggrin: you can ask me anything about life at SGUL on here - but in case I don't get back to you in time have a look at the 2013 Applicants thread - I answered lots of questions on there :smile:

Hi Tania, I may be a bit late but do you know whether I stand a chance of getting an offer from st georges biomed next year? I want to cancel my offer from them this year and try to take a gap year for medicine because I have the right grades but want to have biomed st georges as my back up for 2019 entry again. Do they discriminate against reapplicants especially those who rejected their offer the previous year? Btw, I applied to st georges medicine this year as well but got rejected because of ukcat score. I am hoping to apply to st georges for medicine as well as biomed again for 2019 entry. I would be very grateful if you could help, thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending