The Student Room Group

Can you use an expired passport as I.D?

I'm starting uni soon,and have recently lost my in date passport.I have my passport that expired last year,(I am about 13 in the photo)

There are of course several factors i.e bouncers leniency,how different I look(I look younger than my current 18 years but slightly different from passport photo) that must be considered.

But as a general enquiry,would this be acceptable in most places? (perhaps in conjunction with student ID (pass logo etc..)
I don't know about the legality of it, but I used to do this all the time and nobody ever brought it up.
A few months ago I took my expired passport as ID to a club and they wouldn't accept it (I was about 15 in the photo). Thankfully I had my oyster card with my picture on and they allowed that but I was told to not use my expired passport as ID
Reply 3
I had to use an expired one all through freshers and a little beyond. Never had any trouble getting into clubs.
Reply 4
Possibly, depending on how nice the bouncer is, but I'd send off for new ID ASAP if I were you, and you plan on going out
Reply 5
Mine expired two years ago and Ive used it as proof of age since in pubs and shops with no problem, I know people who have been refused service with them though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending