The Student Room Group

What Uni should I pick for Medicine?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WannabeDoctor03
Yeah, sorry if I'm asking too many questions. :smile: What revision techniques would you recommend.
And also what resources/books would you recommend for the UKCAT and the BMAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The revision techinques depend on the person, i used to highlight and read through the text numerous times and then practice with exercises!

I had the " how to master the ukcat" and "how to master the bmat" , i do not know exactly for the ukcat as it changed this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by medicinebabe
The revision techinques depend on the person, i used to highlight and read through the text numerous times and then practice with exercises!

I had the " how to master the ukcat" and "how to master the bmat" , i do not know exactly for the ukcat as it changed this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok, great, thanks for all your help! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WannabeDoctor03
Ok, great, thanks for all your help! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am happy to help:smile: feel free to send me a personal message whenever u need something:smile: good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Procrastinatore
Ok well frankly you really need to start researching and try to find a uni with less applicants than UCL. Most popular universities now have an automatic filtering system where they will filter out candidates based on there GCSEs. At Birmingham Med school (one of the best in the country) you are automatically filtered out if you have less than 7 a*s. (Check their website). I also know a member of Manchester University's Admissions team and he was telling me that all candidates with less than 5A* are filtered out. So although it hurts me to say this to you perhaps you should be looking at a backup plan because direct admission into a Med course is looking unlikely. All the best for the future.

What absolutely terrible advice.
Reply 24
I do not know exactly the A level system but try to revise thoroughly until your exams and stay relaxed through this whole application system because it is really stressing! Anything u want i would like to help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! Since you've done IB, can I please ask you some questions??!!!
I am just so freaking out right now!!! I still couldn't choose my UKCAT school because of my low UKCATs.:s-smilie:
I also do IB and I just couldn't find people who's done IB and applied to medical school!, my school is a new school and our year is the oldest.:frown:
I am predicted 776 for Biology, Chemistry,Maths HL and 577 for English Literature, Mandarin AB Initio, Economics.
My UKCAT is 657, I really did bad on VR....
Oh, also, I'm an international student.
I am thinking of applying to UCL as my BMAT school. Is it okay with my current predicted grades? What UKCAT unis do you recommend for my UKCAT scores?? Also, what grade offers did you get????
Sorry for lots and lots of questions:colondollar:
Original post by soyonii
Hi! Since you've done IB, can I please ask you some questions??!!!
I am just so freaking out right now!!! I still couldn't choose my UKCAT school because of my low UKCATs.:s-smilie:
I also do IB and I just couldn't find people who's done IB and applied to medical school!, my school is a new school and our year is the oldest.:frown:
I am predicted 776 for Biology, Chemistry,Maths HL and 577 for English Literature, Mandarin AB Initio, Economics.
My UKCAT is 657, I really did bad on VR....
Oh, also, I'm an international student.
I am thinking of applying to UCL as my BMAT school. Is it okay with my current predicted grades? What UKCAT unis do you recommend for my UKCAT scores?? Also, what grade offers did you get????
Sorry for lots and lots of questions:colondollar:

Hii :smile:
My ukcat was approximately the same, i got 650.
Your grades are more than ok for ucl so if bmat goes well you dont have to worry!!!!

I applied to imperial, cambridge, kings and barts! I got an interview from barts even with the low ukcat so i strongly recommend u apply! I think though u should definitely avoid kings as they are heavily considering ur ukcat score in the application cycle!

I was predicted 45 and got a 38 offer from imperial with 6 in chem and bio HL ( i had the exact same HL as u) and got a 41 with 7 in bio and chem!

No worries for the questions, glad to help u:smile: if u have any others shoot

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Hii :smile:
My ukcat was approximately the same, i got 650.
Your grades are more than ok for ucl so if bmat goes well you dont have to worry!!!!

I applied to imperial, cambridge, kings and barts! I got an interview from barts even with the low ukcat so i strongly recommend u apply! I think though u should definitely avoid kings as they are heavily considering ur ukcat score in the application cycle!

I was predicted 45 and got a 38 offer from imperial with 6 in chem and bio HL ( i had the exact same HL as u) and got a 41 with 7 in bio and chem!

No worries for the questions, glad to help u:smile: if u have any others shoot

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for your advice!:smile: It really helped!

wow you must have done really well on your interviews if they gave you an offer for 66 in higher levels!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending