The Student Room Group

What to do on first date? Go for a meal? Do an activity?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I think something casual- coffee at Starbucks sounds perfect
Because you really just want to get to know the person and talk :smile:
Original post by doggyfizzel
Surely it depends on the girl, some girls are going to be much more impressed with a nice meal than an activity they don't like where others are happy to get stuck in and have a go at something. Personally I'd say crazy golf could be better than bowling. Bowling is awkward if she's really bad and its harder to chat because there are only two of you. Crazy golf at least if you're both crap you can have laugh about it, and you can still get coffee or something afterwards, although there is the rain. The zoo always used to be a good option, but that become a bit standard.

Ah the zoo was perfect for me and my girl. We are both animal fanatics. It still remains one of our most treasured memories.
I guess it depends how well you know the girl.

If it was me, I would hate to be taken somewhere really expensive on a first date. Something like coffee would be fine.
Don't ever do anything just for a girl, especially when you barely know her. Just find something you want to do then invite her. You don't want to try and impress girls because you're trying to find someone that's compatible with you not make someone compatible with you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending