The Student Room Group

Splitting the bill

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by joker12345
And along with that, you're trying to figure out what the relationship will be like. Well, you could say if YOU don't offer to pay it all on the first day then it's going to be a bit crap - do you offer that?
Well I personally wouldn't get a joint account unless I was married or something, so if I'd dated someone for a month and they wanted to pay for something, I'd consider it a treat that they liked my personality and our relationship, not that I'm attractive and they want to buy me.

You speak my mind. Exact thoughts.
Reply 41
Original post by NonBlackSprintah
What you read on this forum =/= majority of people in the 'real' world.

I always pay. But i'm far more wealthy than most. And generous.

Just a little survey :smile:
When I go out with my girlfriend we don't 'split' the bill, we each pay for what we got. So if one of us spends more money than the other, we'd pay for our own things.
Reply 43
Original post by WGR
Don't landlords do this sort of thing all the time if you don't pay up i.e impound your stuff? Pretty sure it's not theft because for theft to take place there must be intention to keep the item permanently.

Hes not her landlord though, or anyone in any sort of position of power or authority over her and he has no right to the money. It was a bat**** crazy response. I mean he has ever right to think she is a stingy entitled b**** and never see her again. I think that would be sensible and fair. But she doesn't actually owe him any money so despite it not being legally theft if he intends to give it back its still a very inappropriate response which (in my opinion at least) has made him worse than her.
Reply 44
Original post by bobdidies
Hes not her landlord though, or anyone in any sort of position of power or authority over her and he has no right to the money. It was a bat**** crazy response. I mean he has ever right to think she is a stingy entitled b**** and never see her again. I think that would be sensible and fair. But she doesn't actually owe him any money so despite it not being legally theft if he intends to give it back its still a very inappropriate response which (in my opinion at least) has made him worse than her.

It depends on whether she made any promise to pay for the drinks beforehand.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending