The Student Room Group

AS/A2 Grades

This is a reasonably stupid question but I need to make absolutely certain.

I know that for an A* at A-level you need an A at AS and then 90% at A2,
BUT
for an A at A-level you don't need 80% in both year 12 and 13 do you? For example, I got 95% in my history AS, so having done the maths I worked out that to get 80% overall I only need a mid level C. Unless of course, you need 80% in both years.

Thanks for the help, and I apologies for the dry nature of this post, and the paranoia also associated with it

FRAWA
Original post by F.R.A.W.A
This is a reasonably stupid question but I need to make absolutely certain.

I know that for an A* at A-level you need an A at AS and then 90% at A2,
BUT
for an A at A-level you don't need 80% in both year 12 and 13 do you? For example, I got 95% in my history AS, so having done the maths I worked out that to get 80% overall I only need a mid level C. Unless of course, you need 80% in both years.

Thanks for the help, and I apologies for the dry nature of this post, and the paranoia also associated with it

FRAWA

Well done in that excellent result! :biggrin:

You are absolutely correct, to get an A* you need 90% in A2, but to get an A it's the total UMS that matters - so for a subject marked out of 400 UMS, you would need (80*4 = 320 UMS). So if you got full UMS in AS (200), you would only need another 120 UMS to achieve an A, which is equivalent to 2 C's.
Reply 2
Thanks, I thought that was right, but I had to check, didn't want to mess things up. Cheers again

Quick Reply

Latest