The Student Room Group
University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham
Buckingham
Visit website

Medicine program 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kanaka
Got an offer for their MBChB...but i'm having second thoughts.

Is that due to the GMC accreditation?
University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham
Buckingham
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by propagation
Is that due to the GMC accreditation?

Yeah.

Don't want to invest the 4.5 yrs/money and come up short at the end. But i read that they'll shift us to Leicester if worst comes to worst. So i suppose thats a decent fallback.

Also, the student life looks to be few and far between according to an ex-student. But i guess when you're studying an intensive Med course, student life might be a luxury anyway.
Original post by Kanaka
Yeah.

Don't want to invest the 4.5 yrs/money and come up short at the end. But i read that they'll shift us to Leicester if worst comes to worst. So i suppose thats a decent fallback.

Also, the student life looks to be few and far between according to an ex-student. But i guess when you're studying an intensive Med course, student life might be a luxury anyway.

You should email the GMC and find out whether their is any chance that the degree would be accred and whether they are actually working with them now to sort it out. My friend contacted them about uni's abroad and they were very helpful.
I emailed the GMC to ask if the university had GMC accreditation, and they emailed this back. So should hopefully know within a couple of days?
Original post by LouiseR1996
I emailed the GMC to ask if the university had GMC accreditation, and they emailed this back. So should hopefully know within a couple of days?

What a name that guy has :P

That's great!
Hopefully it's a positive outcome :biggrin:
Reply 45
have you received an offer??
Original post by propagation
What a name that guy has :P

That's great!
Hopefully it's a positive outcome :biggrin:

Yeah I know lol, and hopefully, they took like two weeks just to send me that reply, so god knows when I'll get an actual answer!
Original post by SSS_JJJ
have you received an offer??

I've applied, but haven't sent my actual documents yet, as I don't really want to waste my time if they don't have accreditation, but I'll send my stuff soon! ( if the gmc ever decide to answer me).

Have you?
(edited 9 years ago)
Yeah I know lol, and hopefully, they took like two weeks just to send me that reply, so god knows when I'll get an actual answer!

Haha, we will have to wait then :P
You can read about the GMC accrediation process of the University of Buckingham's MBChB programme in the FAQs section of our website: http://www.buckingham.ac.uk/medicine/undergrad/mbchb/faqs

We hope you find this information useful.
Reply 50
need to speak to someone with offer please
Original post by grace 1
need to speak to someone with offer please

Yesss...Grace May I help u ??:smile:
Original post by abc12300
Yesss...Grace May I help u ??:smile:

Hi, do you mind sharing how the process was? I have mine next week and super nervous!
Dun feel worried...it's MMI and wasn't as stressful as you think.

The maths was quite hard under the time condition , but please do remember it's MMI and everyone would be on the same boat- and everything should have been changed by now.Therefore, if you think you didn't do well on one station , it doesn't really matter and focus on the next one.

The main thing is keep calm and breath ...you need understand 2 principles : it's they want you and they want you very much...
Because they are only interviewing 32 this time , if the intake is 15 there will be more than 15 offers...

Be positive and stop worrying...
Yes???
Reply 55
Hi clonedface and abc12300, what are you going to do for accomodation? Staying in uni halls or rent outside?
Reply 56
Clonedface have faith in yourself, understand what they are asking for, don't over analyse what you say, be simple, answer clear with confidence.

who else is doing this degree? Btw it is fully accredited by GMC. I wouldn't have applied otherwise
Original post by grace 1
Hi clonedface and abc12300, what are you going to do for accomodation? Staying in uni halls or rent outside?

Hall for first yr , then wait and see what happen...:biggrin:
Reply 59
Ok, don't fancy halls but may have to do the same as well

Quick Reply

Latest