The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
you guys shouldnt have been suprised there was no hazards question seeing as its an easy essay AND it came up last year.
Reply 21
Synoptic your havin a laugh?So crap was unbelieveable, question1 parts c and d particularly were hard for c i had no idea what to write about in depth about variety of dependancy between countries.And i did q2 whcih was ok but i dont think i wrote enough in depth was so udner pressure for time.I missed out part d cos of time to go onto q2 and ended up with 5 mins for 1d.So little time that i didnt go for a toilet break so was in agony while pushed for time.Would be ok if i had a cushion for unit 4 physical but i screwed up half of tht paper so im shaky as to whether ill get what i need for uni.
Reply 22
I didn't think the paper was too bad!

For q 1c You could have talked about China and Thailand being NICS
quote GDP per capita. I actually mentioned The Three gorges Dam in China i.e. China is not totally dependent on the Mekong for power etc.

For q 1d You could have mentioned the development around the Mekong River in China, signs of development airports etc. Also, hinderences would have been the mangrove swamps, mountainous terrain and the cost of road building in these areas i.e. tunnels etc.
Reply 23
Hi,
I thought the exam went ok, I think my answer to 1b was a bit wishy washy but 1a and 1d were ok, I think- 1c was also quite difficult, in my opinion. I chose question two on wilderness areas (e.g. alaska, Iceland etc). Apparently it is a 1/3 chance of wilderness areas coming up and a 2/3 chance of hazards coming up.

Regards
Anthony

Latest