The Student Room Group

Sixth form/colleges

Can you leave a college once you have finished enrolling and have started your first week?
Yes. Make sure you enroll at the sixth form/college you want to move to and that you can do your subjects there, and that you confirm it with staff at both schools before you make the move.

I left my sixth form after two weeks because it was an hour long commute and I was used to a 15 minute walk up to school. The teachers weren't very good in the subject I want to study at university, and although I made some lovely new friends there who I still keep in touch with now, I really missed my best friends.

Go and see your tutor or Head of Sixth Form at your current college to discuss the issue, and then check if there's somewhere else that you could move to, ensuring you can still study the same subjects. Do it as soon as possible - the longer you leave it, the less likely it'll be that you can move.
Reply 2
Original post by moggington
Yes. Make sure you enroll at the sixth form/college you want to move to and that you can do your subjects there, and that you confirm it with staff at both schools before you make the move.

I left my sixth form after two weeks because it was an hour long commute and I was used to a 15 minute walk up to school. The teachers weren't very good in the subject I want to study at university, and although I made some lovely new friends there who I still keep in touch with now, I really missed my best friends.

Go and see your tutor or Head of Sixth Form at your current college to discuss the issue, and then check if there's somewhere else that you could move to, ensuring you can still study the same subjects. Do it as soon as possible - the longer you leave it, the less likely it'll be that you can move.

That's exactly my problem, its taking me 1hour and 30 minutes for travel :frown:. Could I just move without telling the current college? I don't really want to speak to them about it
Original post by Joseph12345
That's exactly my problem, its taking me 1hour and 30 minutes for travel :frown:. Could I just move without telling the current college? I don't really want to speak to them about it

You potentially could, and get a parent to unenroll you over the phone instead? They can't force you to come back, but definitely make sure you can secure a place somewhere else first.

Quick Reply

Latest