The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by nataliiee
Hello, I am sitting an As level business exam I didn't take in June in November and I am worried that I won't get the result in time to put it on my UCAS application.

I achieved AAC in As levels I did in June but I am hoping for another B or A in the business As and I am anxious that without that result my chances of getting into the Uni's I want are decreased.....so was wondering if when I get the result I can add it to the UCAS form even it I get it past Jan 15th?? :s-smilie:
It doesn't matter if you don't. If the result is not available when you are ready to submit your application, enter it as 'pending'

Original post by Soraia
Hello
I'm applying for Medicine- should I add the UKCAT (already taken) and/ or BMAT (will take in Nov) under the admissions test section? Or leave it out altogether?
Yes, enter both - for the BMAT enter the result as pending. If you don't enter the UKCAT results, or that you intend to take the BMAT, the unis that mind about these tests will not even consider you.
Reply 21
My question is can you apply for the same course twice? Normal AND deferred entry? Do you just explain in your personal statement why this is? Would be sooo grateful if someone could reply, stressing because i havent got my application in yet!

Thankyou!
Reply 22
Original post by gabrielleF
My question is can you apply for the same course twice? Normal AND deferred entry? Do you just explain in your personal statement why this is? Would be sooo grateful if someone could reply, stressing because i havent got my application in yet!

Thankyou!
First of all, you have plenty of time to get your application in, so no need to stress about that. You have until 15 January to apply and be guaranteed equal consideration (see the FAQ in the thread I'm moving this into).

If you want the option to defer, your best bet is to apply for 2014 and - if you get an offer, decide to accept it, and then decide you'd like to defer - ask the uni for permission to defer at a later stage. Most unis will accommodate a request to defer, where they won't necessarily be able to bring your admission forward (though if you have ABB or better, your chances of success in doing so would be improved for most courses).

There's no point in using up two choices to apply for the same course but different years of entry.
Original post by Minerva

Can I definitely enter my module grades if I declare the overall AS grades as pending? The UCAS blog doesn't mention about the module grades, but I'd like to mention them anyway. (This is for school that doesn't cash in AS grades until after A2s.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by Endless Blue
Can I definitely enter my module grades if I declare the overall AS grades as pending? The UCAS blog doesn't mention about the module grades, but I'd like to mention them anyway. (This is for school that doesn't cash in AS grades until after A2s.
Yes, you should be able to enter the module grades where available even if the overall result is pending.
Hello, I have a question. Im on the point of completing my application form. I would like to know which schools/colleges etc should I include in Section: Education of UCAS form? Should I include all of the shools I have atended during my whole life?
Reply 26
Original post by carolinekalemba
Hello, I have a question. Im on the point of completing my application form. I would like to know which schools/colleges etc should I include in Section: Education of UCAS form? Should I include all of the shools I have atended during my whole life?
As it says in the instructions, everywhere you've attended since the age of 11, regardless of whether you took any public exams while you were there.
Reply 27
I am wondering whether I am supposed to declare both of these grades:
An RE short course I did and got a certificate for it in 2011
An RE full course that I got a certificate for in 2012.

I am pretty sure the short course exam contributed to the full course so I don't understand whether they are 2 qualifications or not. Or whether I just declare the overall full course GCSE.

Also, what is the fee code for medicine? As my personal tutor doesn't know.... (which I am finding rather worrying atm!!)
Reply 28
Original post by Estrellaa
I am wondering whether I am supposed to declare both of these grades:
An RE short course I did and got a certificate for it in 2011
An RE full course that I got a certificate for in 2012.

I am pretty sure the short course exam contributed to the full course so I don't understand whether they are 2 qualifications or not. Or whether I just declare the overall full course GCSE.

Also, what is the fee code for medicine? As my personal tutor doesn't know.... (which I am finding rather worrying atm!!)
You declare both - they are separate qualifications.

There isn't a fee code for Medicine as such;there is a fee code depending on whether you are eligible for Home/EU/International fees.
Reply 29
Original post by Minerva
You declare both - they are separate qualifications.

There isn't a fee code for Medicine as such;there is a fee code depending on whether you are eligible for Home/EU/International fees.

I see I will quote something I've been told :
"In almost all cases the fee code 02 should be used
For NHS courses this will be 05"

Medicine isn't an NHS course right? I was told by my unsure tutor that he thinks it's nursing because they are given grants or something
Reply 30
Should you leave lines between paragraphs in your PS?

I left some while my friend hasn't, so obviously has more content than me and urged me to do the same, so you can develop sentences/arguments in your personal statement further

Is it better for me to just leave the lines or does it not matter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Original post by Estrellaa
I see I will quote something I've been told :
"In almost all cases the fee code 02 should be used
For NHS courses this will be 05"

Medicine isn't an NHS course right? I was told by my unsure tutor that he thinks it's nursing because they are given grants or something
It is eligible for bursaries but not until the final years. I'd ring UCAS and check, but I would expect it to be 02 that would apply here.

Original post by Jkizer
Should you leave lines between paragraphs in your PS?

I left some while my friend hasn't, so obviously has more content than me and urged me to do the same, so you can develop sentences/arguments in your personal statement further

Is it better for me to just leave the lines or does it not matter?
Yes it is better to leave the lines between paragraphs. It makes reading your PS much less of a chore for the admissions tutor.
Reply 32
Original post by Minerva
It doesn't matter if you don't. If the result is not available when you are ready to submit your application, enter it as 'pending'

So if I enter it as pending when I submit it, when I later get the result is there a way to let the Uni's know of the result??
Reply 33
[QUOTE="nataliiee;44513957"]
Original post by Minerva

So if I enter it as pending when I submit it, when I later get the result is there a way to let the Uni's know of the result??
Yes - you can email it to them, if it's not a result that is automatically forwarded via UCAS in August and/or you want the uni to have it straight away.
Reply 34
Hi, I've just finished Year 12, currently in Year 13 and studying for my A2's
I didn't do very well in my AS exams and achieved BCCC
I want to take English Literature at University, preferably somewhere in the top 20 ranking such as Leeds, Nottingham or Birmingham
My predicted grades are AAB as I intent to retake some modules next June, and my teachers have said I have a strong personal statement, however what are my chances of getting offers from these universities with these results?
Reply 35
Original post by Iona123
Hi, I've just finished Year 12, currently in Year 13 and studying for my A2's
I didn't do very well in my AS exams and achieved BCCC
I want to take English Literature at University, preferably somewhere in the top 20 ranking such as Leeds, Nottingham or Birmingham
My predicted grades are AAB as I intent to retake some modules next June, and my teachers have said I have a strong personal statement, however what are my chances of getting offers from these universities with these results?
See How to Avoid Getting 5 Rejections.
Reply 36
Predictions. The school does not want to predict higher then necessary for the course. If course requires AAA then they will predict AAA, but not A*AA. Their reason is that it will create an unnecessary pressure to perform.

My daughter told me that she will get an A in chemistry, but another boy in the school will get A* though his performance was poorer at As. But his course requires A* and that is why he will get A* prediction. Does it make sense? I do not know what to think.
Reply 37
Original post by 6am
Predictions. The school does not want to predict higher then necessary for the course. If course requires AAA then they will predict AAA, but not A*AA. Their reason is that it will create an unnecessary pressure to perform.

My daughter told me that she will get an A in chemistry, but another boy in the school will get A* though his performance was poorer at As. But his course requires A* and that is why he will get A* prediction. Does it make sense? I do not know what to think.
It seems to me that your daughter's school has got itself into a muddle about what predictions are meant to be!

If your daughter's predictions seem reasonable to her and match her uni choices, I'd go with the flow, while acknowledging that school has rather missed the point on this one -
How do I put in predicted grades and references if I'm sitting my exams as an external candidate at my old college?
Was severely ill last July so got CCD instead of predicted AAB :-(
Also how do I put in resits?
Thanks
Katie x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Original post by jazzzygirl
How do I put in predicted grades and references if I'm sitting my exams as an external candidate at my old college?
Was severely ill last July so got CCD instead of predicted AAB :-(
Also how do I put in resits?
Thanks
Katie x
See the 'Declaring Grades' thread stickied at the top of the forum for answers to your question about entering resits.

You should be able to apply again through your old college, which will mean the reference is automatically requested and you don't need to do anything. To be able to enter your resits, you enter the college again, with a start date of this term and this time marking your attendance as part time; the leaving date should be after the results of your resits will be due.

Latest

Trending

Trending