The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cool_JordH
I don't know if I'm on the right thread, but could someone tell me how to enter resit for A-levels on UCAS??

I need to enter my Ethics grade from this year, AS but I shall be doing a resit in May and wondered whether I am able to do this on UCAS.

List what you already got, then list it again as pending.
Original post by carnationlilyrose
List what you already got, then list it again as pending.

Thank-you for replying. Would I do this on the same subject, or create a new one?

Also, where it says '(other)', should I put my predicted grade for that topic/subject/exam
Thank-you for replying. Would I do this on the same subject, or create a new one?

Also, where it says '(other)', should I put my predicted grade for that topic/subject/exam
Put it down as a new subject. (Check with Minerva in case I'm misunderstanding what you mean, though.) You don't put any predicted grades in your part of the form. Your referee puts them into the reference.
Put it down as a new subject. (Check with Minerva in case I'm misunderstanding what you mean, though.) You don't put any predicted grades in your part of the form. Your referee puts them into the reference.

I don't know who Minerva is, sorry.

What I'm trying to say is:

for my AS Level grade in Religious Studies I got a C overall, but I got an A in Philosophy of Religion and a U in Religious Ethics and I'm unsure on what to put.

Should I put my grades down (including the U in Ethics), or should I put it as pending, as I am going to resit this part of the course in spring?

OR:

should I do the whole R.E subject, putting A and U for it, then add another AS Level in RE and then just add the Ethics, then use 'pending and leave it as that'?
I don't know who Minerva is, sorry.

What I'm trying to say is:

for my AS Level grade in Religious Studies I got a C overall, but I got an A in Philosophy of Religion and a U in Religious Ethics and I'm unsure on what to put.

Should I put my grades down (including the U in Ethics), or should I put it as pending, as I am going to resit this part of the course in spring?

OR:

should I do the whole R.E subject, putting A and U for it, then add another AS Level in RE and then just add the Ethics, then use 'pending and leave it as that'?

Don't know who Minerva is! :eek: Look at the top of this forum at the stickies!! Minerva is a goddess!
This will answer all your questions much more thoroughly than I can, especially the section on module grades:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1744719&p=33494409#post33494409
Original post by Endless Blue
Thanks for this, looks fab. Could you tell me what I'm supposed to do if my Sixth Form does not 'cash in' my AS grades until the end of next year?

What does cash in mean in reference to your sixth form? I'm a Private Student and not heard of this term :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a question.

I took exams in January 2013 for Psych As and got Us in both.
I re took the exams in May in both As units and got Es. Do I declare the Us?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 87
Original post by figuresk8rstudent
What does cash in mean in reference to your sixth form? I'm a Private Student and not heard of this term :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Basically its like telling the exam board 'Ok mate, i'm completely done with the subject for now' - Basically saying your not going to sit any exams in the subject. This means its all good for you to receive the certificate in that qualification.

Basically 90% of dudes will do this for their A2 exams, as they will be off to university and do not want to see another A level paper again.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 88
If you send your UCAS off late november...early December. do you think its too late?
Original post by boateng
If you send your UCAS off late november...early December. do you think its too late?

No.
Reply 90
How will unis see that you've done the HAT test? You do that in November, will it be added to the ucas form or something?! Surely Oxford just collect the scores etc from that separately

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
No.

i know the deadline is january but people say its not good to send it that late

is december okay
Original post by Jkizer
Basically its like telling the exam board 'Ok mate, i'm completely done with the subject for now' - Basically saying your not going to sit any exams in the subject. This means its all good for you to receive the certificate in that qualification.

Basically 90% of dudes will do this for their A2 exams, as they will be off to university and do not want to see another A level paper again.

Cheers :-D

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by boateng
i know the deadline is january but people say its not good to send it that late

is december okay

As you will find through a quick search of the threads on this topic, all universities have to give equal consideration to all applications received before Jan 15th. Ucas would be chucking penalties at them harshly if they didn't. Some universities operate the 'gathered field' policy and don't even start looking until after Jan 15th. Others will make offers to the definites and reject the hopeless straight away and sit on the rest until after Jan 15th. Whatever is going to happen to your application will happen to it regardless of when you send it, as long as you meet that deadline.
Reply 94
I did my A-Levels in 2012, and did AS in 2011 so I have all of my grades already. Maths and Further Maths were among the four A-Levels I studied. All of my A-Levels were on the same exam board so I have two certificates, one for 2011 (AS) and one for 2012 (A2)

However, I've noticed that AS Maths and AS Further Maths are listed twice, once on each certificate. In other words, it seems I was certificated for these two AS-Levels in both 2011 and then again 2012. I'm gonna guess that this is because of how all of the modules get moved around to maximise the grade.

My question is: does this mean I need to enter AS Maths and AS Further Maths twice? Once for 2011 and again for 2012? Even though the grades were the same both times (AA)? Cheers.
Reply 95
I was wondering if someone on this thread could help me. I cannot find the answer to this question anywhere. If I was to apply to Oxford, could I apply just to Oxford by the 15th and then add other choices in later? Could I also have my reference edited later too, as well as my predicted grades? Basically I am doing a one year course (Access to HE), not A levels so my tutor does not know me very well and hasn't even marked a piece of my work yet. I really want to apply to Oxford but don't want to apply if it will hinder my application to the other four universities I choose. Anyone that can help?
Original post by Missmoose
I was wondering if someone on this thread could help me. I cannot find the answer to this question anywhere. If I was to apply to Oxford, could I apply just to Oxford by the 15th and then add other choices in later?

Yes, you can apply to Oxford first, and then later apply to your other courses. You definitely do not have to do them all in one go.

Original post by Missmoose
Could I also have my reference edited later too, as well as my predicted grades?

Unfortunately you can't do this (to my knowledge). You have ONE application - one reference, one personal statement, etc etc - and that gets sent to all the courses you apply to.
Hi, I'm an idiot. I sent my UCAS off to my referee and realised I sent off an unfinished draft of my ps (too many spelling mistakes and grammatical errors...) I know I should have checked it thoroughly beforehand...but I'm going to be more than 'you should have' 😔. Is there any way it can be edited before UCAS send it off to universities?
Original post by can'tbeleftblank
Hi, I'm an idiot. I sent my UCAS off to my referee and realised I sent off an unfinished draft of my ps (too many spelling mistakes and grammatical errors...) I know I should have checked it thoroughly beforehand...but I'm going to be more than 'you should have' 😔. Is there any way it can be edited before UCAS send it off to universities?

Just ask your referee to send it back to you.
Original post by Good bloke
Just ask your referee to send it back to you.

You can do that? Wow that's good, thank you! I would have asked, but it's a Friday and I didn't want to be tearing my hair out until Monday ������
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending