The Student Room Group

Are these AS levels okay? Im panicking slightly!

Are these subjects okay for someone who doesn't really know what they want to do at uni?

English Lit, Biology, Art and English Language.

I started off with Lit, Biology, Graphics and Ancient History, before switching to art from graphics (not too radical) and from Ancient History to History and tomorrow I will be changing to English Language. I honestly cannot do history, I almost had a panic attack in the History lesson because it hit me that I can't do it. So english lang seemed like my best bet, I can't think of anything else I'd like to do.

Anyway, my point is, do these seem like okay choices? Will they help keep my options open? Any advice would be appreciated. The stress is really getting to me!
These are fine as AS levels if you find them to be the best subjects for you, but I would recommend dropping English Language for A2 (or changing it now, if you want to take four A2 subjects). This is because most universities prefer English Lit or English Lit&Lang as a combined A-level.
Bear in mind that these are quite varied A-levels, so they may cut you off from going down one route in particular (e.g. a lot of biology related courses require chemistry or maths). However, if you want to go into a more general course, these should be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest