The Student Room Group

Can you apply for two different courses at the same university?

Can I apply to the same university for two different courses e.g applying to Leeds for Psychology and my second choice Bio medical science ?
Yes.
Yes, but it'll take up 2 UCAS slots, and it's harder to write a good personal statement for two different subjects.
Be aware also that this is the only time a university can see where else you have applied before the stage where you choose firm and insurance, so they will know you are not totally committed to one subject. It's up to you whether you want to take the risk or not.
You can do it for all unis except Oxbridge.

Bear in mind that it takes up 2 UCAS slots and you have to modify your personal statement.
Reply 5
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Be aware also that this is the only time a university can see where else you have applied before the stage where you choose firm and insurance, so they will know you are not totally committed to one subject. It's up to you whether you want to take the risk or not.

I was always told the university can't see (at any stage) which other universities you've applied to. The only thing they can see is if you've applied for two courses at their uni. Apologies if I'm mistaken.
I applied (and was accepted into) both child nursing and mental health. At the interviews I was honest and admitted I was interested in both. They told me they appreciated my honesty and that it was understandable people had lots of interests
Original post by TalibanSam
I was always told the university can't see (at any stage) which other universities you've applied to. The only thing they can see is if you've applied for two courses at their uni. Apologies if I'm mistaken.

You are mistaken. Apologies accepted. The whole form is visible once the firming process is over, although how interested the universities are in seeing it by that point is moot.
Reply 8
I'm looking to apply for Ancient History and History.. is this too much of a difference as Ancient History is specifically only referenced once in my personal statement?
Reply 9
Yes; You can apply to courses at one University however the course must be relevant to your Personal Statement and the course content should be same. e.g if you mentioned you wanted to study business your choice should be business or business related courses. It is unfortunate to apply Business Management and Law. anyways most course admissions will assist applications on individual basis this means if they think you are capable they will make decision straight away based in your circumstance.

Quick Reply