The Student Room Group

GIRLS: How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?

Scroll to see replies

I shower at night so about 15 mins as I have my clothes laid out and I just leave after brushing my hair and teeth but this is when I go school, but if I'm going out then an hour to straighten her, put light make up, accessorise with outfit etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
1 hour incl breakfast
I usually have my shower in the evening as it gives me more sleeping time in a morning. If I had to do all of that, it would take me about an hour I think.

But the way I do it.. up, dressed, cereal, out.. takes about 20.
It takes me almost an hour to wash, dry and straighten my hair so I'd never do that in the morning. I'll do it the night before so in the morning it'll only take 20 minutes to shower, get dressed, put some mascara on and give my hair a quick straighten.
1 hour and 40 mins on average
Reply 65
I never wash my hair in the morning unless it's a day off! If I had to shower, do makeup and get dressed it would take me 30 minutes. My makeup only takes me 5 minutes.
About 25 minutes or so :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
About 45 minutes if I'm not having a shower, shy of an hour if I am having a shower. Then again, that's for school and I usually forget to pack my bag, so I could be out the house in 45 minutes with a shower if my bag was pre-packed.
I shower at night so I get more time in bed in the morning, then it takes me 1/2 hour in the morning to get ready. Spend another half an hour eating breakfast though, I'm not fast in the morning :tongue:
At least 1h 30mins :biggrin:
Reply 71
Not a girl but-

10 minutes to get up from bed
30 minutes to shower
10 minutes to style everything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
It takes me roughly 40 minutes,as I'm quite slow to fully wake up and get moving in the mornings. 20 minutes having breakfast,brushing teeth and getting dressed. I shower in the evening/night)less than five minutes doing makeup if I can be bothered(usually end up spending 5 minutes staring angrily at my ugly face wishing it was prettier) and the rest faffing about making sure I have every little thing I have to start the day (i.e change for the bus,keys,ipod,book)before running out the door for the bus.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 73
I don't shower in the morning. I wake up, get dressed (5min), wash my face (5min), straigthen my hair (15m), then apply makeup (10min). So I guess thats 35 minutes. However mostly I leave my hair and makeup, therefore only taking 10 minutes :P Ofc I always brush teeth which takes 5 minutes aswell
Reply 74
Don't wash my hair in a morning on a weekday, would take far too long... so about 20-30 minutes?
Original post by Charlzi
wash my face (5min)

How do you take 5 minutes?
Do you try to drown yourself or is there some elaborate magic ritual?

You could easily reduce it to 2 minutes and increase efficiency.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
Original post by GeorgieGee
If you had to shower, wash and style hair, makeup, dressed and out the door? On a normal day, when your going to school/college/uni/work? NOT a special occasion

I probably take about 1hr - 1hr and a half to get ready

I'm really conscious about long I take to get ready, all my friends complain!

wash AND style hair alone is an hour. (I have a lot of hair) so i do most of that the night before.
make-up, dressed, eat and out the door about 45 minutes.
Reply 77
Original post by IllmaticDragon
How do you take 5 minutes?
Do you try to drown yourself or is there some elaborate magic ritual?

You could easily reduce it to 2 minutes and increase efficiency.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put my cleanser on, then brush my teeth whilst it soaks, then remove it with hot water. Then I let my face dry and put some day cream on.
An hour, including breakfast but not blow drying my hair, just leaving it to air dry :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
wouldn't dare to wash my hair in the morning cos it'll just take me a lifetime to dry it but normally it takes me max 20 mins to get all my **** done so i'll wake up at around 7:50, have a quick shower, eat, throw on some clothes, sort out my hair, slap on some make up and leave around 8:15 for college
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest