The Student Room Group

Higher Languages 2013-2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by happychicken
I'm nervous too, I've been practising loads of listenings but I'm still not passing them all. And I'm really worried about the personal response just because there's so many things it could be :/ do you have any predictions for what will come up?

I'm the worst person when it comes to predicting questions haha! (Although i did predict essay topics for higher history and modern studies hm). I have no idea! I really hope that the directed writing is about the exchange partner etc. What do you think about the short essay question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
For Spanish, I think it's going to be town

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aiesot
I'm the worst person when it comes to predicting questions haha! (Although i did predict essay topics for higher history and modern studies hm). I have no idea! I really hope that the directed writing is about the exchange partner etc. What do you think about the short essay question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd love it to be on work as I done that for speaking exam 😏 I wouldn't mind any others reaaaally, although health, future, family, best friend would be alright I guess. I hope DW is on that too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L...
Does anyone have predictions for Higher German short essay topics?
I just sat french so it probably won't be the same topic(health), right?

I feel it'll be work as it hasn't popped up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aiesot

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did higher history and modern too! And I'm not sure about the short essay, I'm not great at guessing either. But I thought maybe eating healthily or free time? Or jobs? Or friends? I'm really not sure those are just some things that I don't think have come up in a while
Original post by aiesot

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry I keep making suggestions haha but home area hasn't come up for ages either
Reply 86
Original post by happychicken
Sorry I keep making suggestions haha but home area hasn't come up for ages either

I was actually thinking about hometown! It hasn't came up for quite a while..
Look at the past questions:
2013 - future intentions (or whatever you call it haha)
2012 - school uniforms
2011 - family
2010 - living abroad
and 2009 - hometown..

to be honest, there is no pattern so its quite hard to guess :frown:
What about the directed writing? Ahh, I just hope that the SQA isn't evil this year
Reply 87
Original post by GeschichteJunge
I'd love it to be on work as I done that for speaking exam ������ I wouldn't mind any others reaaaally, although health, future, family, best friend would be alright I guess. I hope DW is on that too

Posted from TSR Mobile

Also hometown haven't came up for around 6 years now.. I hate how there is no pattern so we can't actually tell what is going to come up :P
Original post by aiesot
Also hometown haven't came up for around 6 years now.. I hate how there is no pattern so we can't actually tell what is going to come up :P

Has anyone got anything for uniform I could memorise because that's the only thing I've not...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
Original post by GeschichteJunge
Has anyone got anything for uniform I could memorise because that's the only thing I've not...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think it will come up since it was in 2012
Original post by aiesot
I don't think it will come up since it was in 2012

Ive make a paragraph to learn just incase👍😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92

I can totally understand why! Better safe than sorry :smile:
Original post by aiesot
I can totally understand why! Better safe than sorry :smile:

I couldn't think of anything worse than it coming up without any slf for it!!💩

Posted from TSR Mobile
For this one I have like 100 words. Would they actually count it? Or does it not matter - quality>quantity?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any higher Spanish people on here?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by weejackie10
Any higher Spanish people on here?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Higher Spanish and French here. :smile:
Original post by aiesot
I was actually thinking about hometown! It hasn't came up for quite a while..
Look at the past questions:
2013 - future intentions (or whatever you call it haha)
2012 - school uniforms
2011 - family
2010 - living abroad
and 2009 - hometown..

to be honest, there is no pattern so its quite hard to guess :frown:
What about the directed writing? Ahh, I just hope that the SQA isn't evil this year

I haven't really thought about predictions for the directed writing. I just know the paragraphs that always come up, but I'm really not sure about the topic!
Original post by Simonlittlex
Higher Spanish and French here. :smile:

What do you think will come up for Spanish?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well that's higher German done!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending