The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Well, it depends on where you want to get in now doesn't it?
Would help if you said where you were applying for, what course and required grades for those courses.
Reply 2
crankycaz
Well, it depends on where you want to get in now doesn't it?
Would help if you said where you were applying for, what course and required grades for those courses.

well i'd imagine she's applying for medicine.

You should be ok, the majority of places ask for AAB and tend to look more favourably on people who have AAB in the bag rather than AAB predicted... or at least thats what I've heard. Some med schools do ask for an A in chemistry though, Bristol and Nottingham spring to mind.
Reply 3
yeah you should find out from the uni's on there admissions policy in academic terms, e.g. southampton have offered me AAB in bio/chem/maths in what ever order whereas notts want AA in chem/bio and a B in maths, also most ask for set number of gcse's e.g soton i know want 7 A*-B grades whereas i have heard someone mention one of the london uni's wanting 5 A*'s, so you just gota do the back ground research, no easy option
Reply 4
you've got to remember it's not just about the grades tho, i was predicted AAA and only got 1 offer even tho i have a lot of extra curricular stuff as well, you've got to be good at interviews to have a better chance of getting in
the typical thread- i love em
Reply 6
usama-ahmed
the typical thread- i love em

LOL :biggrin:
Reply 7
Will you get in? How long is a piece of string?
No-one can predict whether or not you'll get in - like kate0904 said, it's not just to do with your grades. Provided you apply to the right places I don't think you'll have a problem grades-wise, you just need to make sure you have all the other stuff sorted and a good, concise, interesting personal statement and then hope for the best. Good luck!
I thought unifying concepts was a biology module. Is it chem as well? Not that that matters.

Check prospecti like a hawk. some of places want AAA next year that didn't last year (edinburgh, newcastle). Liverpool also want As in chem and bio next year, and put them in their offers this year but not in their prospectus. Some places are more grades leniant than others if you meet minimum requirements (manchester and dundee are good examples) but are stricter on extra currics.
Reply 9
Unifying concepts is the OCR (not Salters) synoptic module, together with the practical exam/coursework. This year it was straight after the organic chemistry module. Not a good combination.

Oh dear ... the fact that I took the time to post that shows how desperate I am to avoid revision!

Gman - don't give up on your chances of getting an A. Loads of people who took that paper at my school found it hard, and it is meant to be challenging. Doesn't mean you've messed it up.

Latest

Trending

Trending