The Student Room Group

Issues with Student Finance

On results day I changed my course details on my application but for some reason it says that I'm living with my parents for the year when I actually have accommodation.

I called SF and they said they will try to change it and if it hasn't changed in a week to call again. So a week later I call them and they said the same thing. At this moment, I was going to uni in 2 weeks so I was getting a bit worried. I called them a week later explaining that it still hasn't changed and then they told me to send them a letter explaining what the problem is. I sent that letter on the 28th August and they received it on the 29th August but still nothing has changed.

I was told that I would have to sign another declaration form and that would take a few weeks to be sorted out but I'm going to uni this Sunday so I really doubt I'll get any money for the first few weeks.

I really don't know what to do so any advice is welcome :smile:
Original post by iLoveRobSwire<3
On results day I changed my course details on my application but for some reason it says that I'm living with my parents for the year when I actually have accommodation.

I called SF and they said they will try to change it and if it hasn't changed in a week to call again. So a week later I call them and they said the same thing. At this moment, I was going to uni in 2 weeks so I was getting a bit worried. I called them a week later explaining that it still hasn't changed and then they told me to send them a letter explaining what the problem is. I sent that letter on the 28th August and they received it on the 29th August but still nothing has changed.

I was told that I would have to sign another declaration form and that would take a few weeks to be sorted out but I'm going to uni this Sunday so I really doubt I'll get any money for the first few weeks.

I really don't know what to do so any advice is welcome :smile:

When you send things to student finance, it takes about 3 weeks for them to update the information on your online account.

Unfortunately, you'll just need to keep ringing them, or ask to speak to a manager there.

Whatever happens, you will still get some money when you start university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending