The Student Room Group

The Biology AS-level Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Kosovaa
I'm doing Edexcel Biology and Chemistry. Thing is I think I may have some dodgy teachers for biology :frown:

I have one Iffy teacher for Bio :/

anyway night people :h:
Hi all, I'm doing OCR Biology :smile:
Original post by mitchellshazia
Hi all, I'm doing OCR Biology :smile:

Unrelated, I just wanted to compliment you on your avatar. Professor Layton :teeth: .

I'm on OCR as well :yep:
Reply 83
Thanks for this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im picking it up this year, subbed to the thread, thanks.
Reply 85
Original post by a123a
Make sure you learn the topic, not just memorise it (for now), I've been doing all my homework on weekdays, so when the weekend comes I have time to re write notes and consolidate what I learnt over the past week.

Other than that just make sure you don't leave thins to the last minute. :smile:

Thanks, I'll make sure to follow that :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
I've created the Chem thread, let me know if there's any error on it.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2461559&p=44433294#post44433294
My biology teacher apparently taught last year's class incorrect information! ...so that doesn't fill me with confidence!
I think I'm going to have to do quite a bit of self-teaching as we progress through the course to make sure we're doing it right!

She's said she's not going to teach us it in the actual order of the modules, which annoys me greatly. I'm going to get confused with which notes is for which exam, and organising my folder will be a pain if we're constantly flitting between topics :/ ...but I suppose she does it this way because things from different topics/modules probably link together, making it easier to teach. We'll see how it goes.
Original post by Jatz07
Same here :biggrin:

*High 5* :rolleyes:

Jatz

*high five back* :tongue:

Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Unrelated, I just wanted to compliment you on your avatar. Professor Layton :teeth: .

I'm on OCR as well :yep:

Haha, Professor Layton is awesome! :biggrin:
Original post by mitchellshazia

Haha, Professor Layton is awesome! :biggrin:

I still haven't played the most recent one (I don't have a 3DS :frown: ... ), but Lost Future will always be my favourite :biggrin:
Reply 90
For all of the biologists here who are doing chemistry as well, Zed has made the Chemistry thread if you haven't already seen it :h: Link below :h:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2461559&p=44438379#post44438379
Reply 91
Hi guys,
I'm currently studying A2 biology with OCR, I got an A at AS.
Feel free to quote or PM me if you need any help :smile:
Reply 92
Original post by Gotzz
Hi guys,
I'm currently studying A2 biology with OCR, I got an A at AS.
Feel free to quote or PM me if you need any help :smile:

If I forgot most of the things I've done in biology gcse, and I'm doing biology a level. Would I be struggling?
Reply 93
Original post by HeyThereHarry
My biology teacher apparently taught last year's class incorrect information! ...so that doesn't fill me with confidence!
I think I'm going to have to do quite a bit of self-teaching as we progress through the course to make sure we're doing it right!

She's said she's not going to teach us it in the actual order of the modules, which annoys me greatly. I'm going to get confused with which notes is for which exam, and organising my folder will be a pain if we're constantly flitting between topics :/ ...but I suppose she does it this way because things from different topics/modules probably link together, making it easier to teach. We'll see how it goes.

If you can afford to, hire a tutor.
Or since you're going to self teach also, teach yourself whatever your biology teacher taught you that same day.
Reply 94
Original post by iWoof
If I forgot most of the things I've done in biology gcse, and I'm doing biology a level. Would I be struggling?

Nope. I pretty much forgot everything from GCSE and I did fine, everything is taught from scratch.
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
I still haven't played the most recent one (I don't have a 3DS :frown: ... ), but Lost Future will always be my favourite :biggrin:

LAYTON!!! Why did Miracle Mask have to be 3DS :cry:

Lost Future is probably the best one, I'd agree. Have you tried Spectre's Call? I didn't think the storyline was as good as the first three.
If anyone is interested in buying an AQA Nelson Thornes: Biology AS textbook/ CGP revision pm me, they're both in good condition, it will be cheap too :smile:
Also I have completed AS biology and got a B, so if anyone needs any help, just quote this post and I'll do my best to answer your query :smile:
I don't know what to think...one of my Biology teachers is absolutely lovely, and I like the other one but she's got weirdly high standards...she kept asking me how we could make a certain experiment more quantitative, and it turns out you use a 'colouromiter' which I have never heard of before in my life, and she expected me to know it! And then said 'AS is a big step up, but I believe in you'. :s-smilie: Now I'm scared.
Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW
If anyone is interested in buying an AQA Nelson Thornes: Biology AS textbook/ CGP revision pm me, they're both in good condition, it will be cheap too :smile:
Also I have completed AS biology and got a B, so if anyone needs any help, just quote this post and I'll do my best to answer your query :smile:

What's the best way of revising for/doing Biology? I figured I would do colourful notes on each topic as I did it, would that work?
Original post by HeyThereHarry
(...)

What is your problem? Can I help you? Tell me what the trouble is and I do my best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending