The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by The Assassin
Sorry guys, been so busy with other things and work that I haven't had time to finish them. It's going well though and should be finished by next week!!

hey, I was just wondering if you've completed your A2 coursework?

Last time I got a low C despite all my teachers saying it was A/B, have you got any tips on the layout/what to include in each sections since you got 100% last time :O, im very stuck on analysis/conclusions :s-smilie:

many thanks!! really want to avoid another disappointment from their marking
I'm in exactly the same position as you, my analysis is tomorrow and we aren't allowed to make ANY changes to it/ask any questions after the hour is up and I have no idea what to do!!!
Reply 82
Original post by SyedaK
I personally don't like ecology either. Caffeine content is a nice and simple one. I want to do something with temperature. I would've done something with the brain but hate synapses and neurons.
I seriously want to do something with kittens but I don't even think that's allowed. Sounds silly now that i think about it.

Caffeine extraction is simple if you do chemistry! It's just incredibly time consuming if you want enough samples to make it statistically viable. Still, it's good skill practise for chemistry :biggrin:

And oh dear lol I know what you mean. Initially I was interested in looking at caffeine as an insecticide but then I thought 'ETHICS' and I backed out slowly from that one. Good luck on deciding your topic though :s-smilie:
Hate topic 5
Hate ecology
Bring on unit 5! :biggrin:
Original post by letsbehonest
Hate topic 5
Hate ecology

I hate it too :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hate topic 5
Hate ecology

Topic 5 is so cute, the ecology isn't even too bad, well not as bad as last years.

Unit 5 looks so good! I honestly can't wait for it :biggrin: but then again, its synoptic /:
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Topic 5 is so cute, the ecology isn't even too bad, well not as bad as last years.

Unit 5 looks so good! I honestly can't wait for it :biggrin: but then again, its synoptic /:

That's true! I'm excited for Unit 5.

Any idea when the article comes out? :smile:
That's true! I'm excited for Unit 5.

Any idea when the article comes out? :smile:

I believe its around March kind of time, but I'm not 100% sure on that, I'll check the edexcel website maybe tomorrow to find out
I believe its around March kind of time, but I'm not 100% sure on that, I'll check the edexcel website maybe tomorrow to find out

Okay, cool! :smile:
Okay, cool! :smile:

Turns out its already uploaded on edexcel, though you need a password to access it
Well I just did a past paper (June 2011) and got an A* in it even though I thought it was really hard haha. Are the grade boundaries normally that low, like 60/90 for an A*.

Last year we'd need like 68/80 to get over 90% UMS, which seems really crazy.
Well I just did a past paper (June 2011) and got an A* in it even though I thought it was really hard haha. Are the grade boundaries normally that low, like 60/90 for an A*.

Last year we'd need like 68/80 to get over 90% UMS, which seems really crazy.

Yeah, to get an A* in 6bi04, you needed roughly about 60-65 never more than that.

June 2013 was 61 for an A* :biggrin: and Jan 2013 was 62/63ish?.
Original post by CoolRunner
Yeah, to get an A* in 6bi04, you needed roughly about 60-65 never more than that.

June 2013 was 61 for an A* :biggrin: and Jan 2013 was 62/63ish?.

That's great news considering its marked out of 90, hopefully this year its a it lower than that since everyone is sitting it then :biggrin: actually quite exited about this haha
That's great news considering its marked out of 90, hopefully this year its a it lower than that since everyone is sitting it then :biggrin: actually quite exited about this haha

Agreed hahaha :biggrin:
Agreed hahaha :biggrin:

How's revision coming along?
How's revision coming along?

Yes going well so far, but not perfect. :tongue:

Yes going well so far, but not perfect. :tongue:

Good stuff :smile: I'm sure it'll get better the more you practice
Hey guys, any international students here doing Biology unit 4 International AL?
Reply 99
Original post by Relaxedexams
Hey guys, any international students here doing Biology unit 4 International AL?

Unit 4 International Alternative? If you mean unit 6, then yeah, I'm doing it.

Latest

Trending

Trending