The Student Room Group

Edexcel 6BIO4 ~ 13th June 2014 ~ A2 Biology

Okay all, glad most did well in their AS levels! (I'm hoping, at least).

This is really early but if we discuss things now it might be easier to help each other since we'll all be on a similar level and if there's things that were confusing in class, you'd be quick to find help here (I'd assume), and unlike last time where it's near the end, we'd have a lot more time to do so!

Discuss tips/topics etc. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I feel so old just by posting in an A2 thread :eek:

Aiming for an A* this year!
Reply 2
Same here! Think Bio is my strongest subject so I'll be trying hard to get that A*.

I don't know how the long the notes will take this time but they'll be a while I guess :tongue:
I'm just aiming for an A :tongue: Absolutely adore biology though :love:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Assassin
Same here! Think Bio is my strongest subject so I'll be trying hard to get that A*.

I don't know how the long the notes will take this time but they'll be a while I guess :tongue:

Same as me, which is weird since I was poor at GCSE bio

Take your time :smile: we've got some time before exams
Original post by Lucy96
I'm just aiming for an A :tongue: Absolutely adore biology though :love:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll defo get it though :smile: can't deny your love for it though. Unit 4 looks reasonable :tongue:
Original post by mynameisntbobk
You'll defo get it though :smile: can't deny your love for it though. Unit 4 looks reasonable :tongue:

Thank you, I really hope so :biggrin: resitting unit 1 just to be sure, the CFTR questions brought me right down, the national average was 4.5/12 :redface: Wish I did it in January like you! :tongue: You'll get your A*, I know it! Yeah haha, and it does! Excited about getting into it properly :smile:
Original post by Lucy96
Thank you, I really hope so :biggrin: resitting unit 1 just to be sure, the CFTR questions brought me right down, the national average was 4.5/12 :redface: Wish I did it in January like you! :tongue: You'll get your A*, I know it! Yeah haha, and it does! Excited about getting into it properly :smile:

Oh wow, way below half then, that question really was a bad one, Jan exam was way easier! Good luck with it though :smile: aww thank you! How much have you covered so far?
Oh wow, way below half then, that question really was a bad one, Jan exam was way easier! Good luck with it though :smile: aww thank you! How much have you covered so far?

Yup! It was, but I panicked so much when I saw it, I would have come up with much more logical answers if I had been at home :tongue: it seemed it, but you had far less time to cover the topics, so you did great! Thank you :smile: Only started it today (we started coursework in June instead), so we're just doing photosynthesis at the moment :smile: how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucy96
Yup! It was, but I panicked so much when I saw it, I would have come up with much more logical answers if I had been at home :tongue: it seemed it, but you had far less time to cover the topics, so you did great! Thank you :smile: Only started it today (we started coursework in June instead), so we're just doing photosynthesis at the moment :smile: how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably the same as most people :tongue: I know I wouldn't have done well in that exam, so I'm a bit grateful for the exam. True, but unit 1 wasn't all that bad looking back now, we didn't actually cover everything before the exam :mmm:. The coursework is looking so bad right now :s-smilie: but the same as you! Although we've started with the forensics bit
Probably the same as most people :tongue: I know I wouldn't have done well in that exam, so I'm a bit grateful for the exam. True, but unit 1 wasn't all that bad looking back now, we didn't actually cover everything before the exam :mmm:. The coursework is looking so bad right now :s-smilie: but the same as you! Although we've started with the forensics bit

Probably :tongue: Nah I'm pretty sure you would have, honestly! The rest of the paper wasn't too bad, I just made silly mistakes throughout :facepalm: I agree, it's really not too hard at all, but wow! :tongue: And yeah, it's such a pain, I chose a really awkward experiment to do, too! Oh very nice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucy96
Probably :tongue: Nah I'm pretty sure you would have, honestly! The rest of the paper wasn't too bad, I just made silly mistakes throughout :facepalm: I agree, it's really not too hard at all, but wow! :tongue: And yeah, it's such a pain, I chose a really awkward experiment to do, too! Oh very nice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm secretly really bad at biology exams, its all down to the luck of the paper if I'm honest. Ah, at least it wasn't caused by a massive gap in your knowledge, so you kind of know what to revise and practice. :colondollar: at least you've got an experiment :tongue: I have NO idea what I'm doing. Its pretty cool :yes:
My teacher told us we're starting our coursework in january, kind of late in my opinion :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rubyturner94
My teacher told us we're starting our coursework in january, kind of late in my opinion :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why are you guys doing it so late?
I'm secretly really bad at biology exams, its all down to the luck of the paper if I'm honest. Ah, at least it wasn't caused by a massive gap in your knowledge, so you kind of know what to revise and practice. :colondollar: at least you've got an experiment :tongue: I have NO idea what I'm doing. Its pretty cool :yes:

Of course you're not :tongue: don't put yourself down! Yeah exactly :smile: hahaha true, do you not have any clue at all? I'd advise against using humans in your experiment though, it's so much effort finding enough people to take part :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucy96
Of course you're not :tongue: don't put yourself down! Yeah exactly :smile: hahaha true, do you not have any clue at all? I'd advise against using humans in your experiment though, it's so much effort finding enough people to take part :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you saw any past papers I did at home, you'd agree with me :tongue: I know I'm doing an ecology study, so I could do anything in that ballpark - probably won't use humans :wink: I take it yours involves humans? :ninja:
If you saw any past papers I did at home, you'd agree with me :tongue: I know I'm doing an ecology study, so I could do anything in that ballpark - probably won't use humans :wink: I take it yours involves humans? :ninja:

Hahaha I doubt it, but fair enough! :tongue: oh very nice :smile: You've got a wide range of choices then! It does, I'm investigating whether or not low dosage liquorice taken daily over a short period of time increases blood pressure :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucy96
Hahaha I doubt it, but fair enough! :tongue: oh very nice :smile: You've got a wide range of choices then! It does, I'm investigating whether or not low dosage liquorice taken daily over a short period of time increases blood pressure :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm fair enough :wink: I guess, I just need it to be very original kind of like my AS issue report :eek:. That sounds really good!! I would so take part - I love licorice, but I also love how random it is. How do you plan on measuring the blood pressures?
Why are you guys doing it so late?

I have no idea :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rubyturner94
I have no idea :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess it does give you more time to think about it, which is good
Hmm fair enough :wink: I guess, I just need it to be very original kind of like my AS issue report :eek:. That sounds really good!! I would so take part - I love licorice, but I also love how random it is. How do you plan on measuring the blood pressures?

Yeah, you'll find something! What was your issue report on? :smile: haha I could have done with your help, so many people hate it! And I've already done it, I have a blood pressure monitor at home hehe :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending