The Student Room Group

What age is considered indecently old to be on TSR?

The Student Room forum is for students.

I know mature students exist but are there any non-students who are old and if there are old students, then how old is too old?

I'll kick off by saying 30 max.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
There is no age limit on being a student, also there are several teachers on here who may find it worthwhile to get an insight into students views on, for example, how there course is taught. I think that at any age group there are people who would get something out of this site.
Original post by Jon123321

I know mature students exist but are there any non-students who are old and if there are old students, then how old is too old?

Mate, I'll be using TSR on my deathbed.
Reply 3
28 unless they are specifically and explicitly involved in education another way, eg teacher
There is no age limit. The average age is irrelevant.
When I'm a teacher I'll still be here correcting info kids are giving to other kids :wink:

28 is too young, I am 22 starting uni this month and I'll leave at 26/27

There are good intellectual debates going on here (sometimes) that I will still be interested in.
Reply 6
Admittedly it's not particularly active, but there's a section specifically for parents, and teachers use the site too, both with 'legit' reasons.
Reply 7
Well, I've been on this site since I was about 12/13 (although was on another account with a cringey name for a few years during which I just lurked!) and am now 21. Going back to uni to do a 4/5 (possibly 6) year course after that and will probably still use TSR for a while, if I have the time. Generally I only use it if I'm in an extended period where I have little to do, once I'm a qualified doctor, I doubt I will have the time for it.
Reply 8

There is none. Perhaps if trivial topics like this and the trite that populates the relationship and debate subforums weren't here we would have more adult and insightful members. I can dream.

Now listen young man - cheeky monkey - in my day you'd have been thrashed for such disrespect for us wrinklies. 30 too old my a***

( For the record I am way older than that and recently got a warning for circumventing the no swearing rule - do I feel told off or what - yeah!)

I am thinking of doing a masters degree and also give advice to prospective nursing students
I'm 25 and think I'm getting a bit old for it now that I've finished education. :colondollar:
you're never too old to be on tsr
I'm 30, I start uni in a few days. :smile:
I started posting on TSR in 2004 when I was 20 and just about to start uni.

I'm now 29 and still here. Not a student any more, but I have kids at school (only primary school...but it still makes them "students" does it not? People who study are, by definition, students), and as Hopple points out there is a section for parents.

Besides I run the Pregnancy & Parenting society :wink:
Reply 14

I'll say that you're talking rubbish!
I dont find it weird anymore, having seen so many 'older' people on this site since I joined.
I will age gracefully on TSR and will never be too old. EVER.
TSR for lyfe brutha!

You can never get too old for TSR.
Reply 18
I dont think there is an age. Ive seen people in their 50s post in the mature students section.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There isn't one. TSR will always be in my heart :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending