The Student Room Group

What age is considered indecently old to be on TSR?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Alix23
28 unless they are specifically and explicitly involved in education another way, eg teacher

What!!!
Reply 21
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I started posting on TSR in 2004 when I was 20 and just about to start uni.

I'm now 29 and still here. Not a student any more, but I have kids at school (only primary school...but it still makes them "students" does it not? People who study are, by definition, students), and as Hopple points out there is a section for parents.

Besides I run the Pregnancy & Parenting society :wink:

urrrr:eek: you got kids and you read all this trite.
Reply 22
Original post by meenu89
I'll say that you're talking rubbish!

Sounds like a defence mechnanism on the cock, how old are you then?
Reply 23
Original post by gemmam
I dont think there is an age. Ive seen people in their 50s post in the mature students section.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What? Is it MILF's corner?
Reply 24
Sounds suspicious, old people on young forums like this.

Does it creep you out that teachers are on here?

You've got GCSE age kids on here.

Watch only them answering saying it's ok for old people giving off a perception that it's acceptable. HIDE.

Since when do pupils socialize with teachers, you only hear that on the headlines of newspapers reporting allegations.
Reply 25
Being a dirty old man is quite creditable, actually.
Reply 26
Surely the test should be whether or not you are a student, not how old you are?
Original post by MoTown200
urrrr:eek: you got kids and you read all this trite.

I pass the time on TSR. If I'm sitting here feeding the baby sometimes I hanker for something to do.
Note : I ALSO pass the time on other sites
Reply 28
Original post by Plainview
Surely the test should be whether or not you are a student, not how old you are?

Dunno, I disagree.

I'm 24 and graduated 2 years ago, and the day I graduated I didn't feel the urge to banish myself from this forum forever.

The fact there's an "advice on every day issues" section - surely older people have a higher chance of knowing the answer than, say, someone studying GCSE's (not that that makes their opinion any more valid).

It's a tough one to answer, I presume that, at a certain age, as the youngest members will always be a constant age (12/13) and as I get older, that I'll get sick of it and quit myself.

Forums are good mediums for the sharing of information, it's quite hard to put an age on it. It's all about context. If you're on here flirting then, yeah, that's weird as you could be any age, as could be the person you're flirting with, however if you're just on here giving opinions and trying to be helpful then what does it matter how old you are?
I'm 26 and graduated a few years ago, but still enjoy posting here on the forums that aren't on student-specific subjects. I like posting here as I don't know any other UK Internet forum which seems to have as many users in their 20s as TSR.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 30
I'm 24 and graduated, but I enjoy the debate here so I plan to stick around for a while longer.
Reply 31
Original post by Jon123321
x

If one reads my profile, one will find out :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
I'd say 7,863 because at that age I'd be suspicious you were even human.
well i am a mature student studying law, and i am occasionally drawn on here by a notification from the site. But i must say, the reason why i dont come here more often is quite simply because it is so pathetically boring and childish seeing dump like this every time. Its taken me way to long to be able to finally study law at uni, and i work very hard with all the extra responsibilities, financial crap, kids home etc that we, as mature students have, that normal average age students dont. We cannot do the drunken crap even if we wanted to, and after seeing some of the students out, thank god, i dont...because quite simply, we wouldnt be able to afford it. But i am at uni by right. My previous academic achievements enabled me to secure my place and i will give any average age, a run for their money when it comes to achieving first class grades. So ask yourself this, as a 20 something should you still be coming on here cluttering up the topics with crap like this, or should you be doing some academic stuff which will ultimately be beneficial and enable you to develop and grow and thus expand your conversation and topic selection skills on sites such as this.....just a thought...lol
Original post by andreag67
well i am a mature student studying law, and i am occasionally drawn on here by a notification from the site. But i must say, the reason why i dont come here more often is quite simply because it is so pathetically boring and childish seeing dump like this every time. Its taken me way to long to be able to finally study law at uni, and i work very hard with all the extra responsibilities, financial crap, kids home etc that we, as mature students have, that normal average age students dont. We cannot do the drunken crap even if we wanted to, and after seeing some of the students out, thank god, i dont...because quite simply, we wouldnt be able to afford it. But i am at uni by right. My previous academic achievements enabled me to secure my place and i will give any average age, a run for their money when it comes to achieving first class grades. So ask yourself this, as a 20 something should you still be coming on here cluttering up the topics with crap like this, or should you be doing some academic stuff which will ultimately be beneficial and enable you to develop and grow and thus expand your conversation and topic selection skills on sites such as this.....just a thought...lol

You told him love but you also bumped a 3 yr old thread..
haha...thats how long i havent been on for then.,..lol...he probably grown jup a bit by now too...hahaxx sorry to all for bumping it back to the present...cant sleep, exam nerves lolx
*plans to stay in education forever*

one day we'll probably find we can't access our account...
Just getting started on here - can't leave now :smile:
so no age is too old/young
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending