The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Submitting 4 predicted grades = getting an offer required you to do 4 subjects?

Well, here is the case.
I'm now in A2(year 13) and trying to do 4 subjects.
So in the application i will submit 4 predicted grades.
Does that mean the offer i get will definitely require me to do 4 subjects.
Say, make an offer for me to get A*AAA in A2.
Or they will just ask me to get A*AA and ignore the 4th subject.

Does Warwick normally give an offer required to do 4 subjects if you do 4 subjects in A2

Please Help.. Thank you.

I'm applying to MMORSE and doing Maths,F.maths,Physics and Chemistry and deciding dropping Chemistry or not.
I think there is quite a high chance that the offer will include your 4th subjects unfortunately, although I may be wrong.
I am basing this on the fact that a guy in my sixth form applied to Warwick for maths with four subjects on his UCAS, and got a 4 subjects offer, I think it was A*AAA or something :s-smilie:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by bigcrazysix
Well, here is the case.
I'm now in A2(year 13) and trying to do 4 subjects.
So in the application i will submit 4 predicted grades.
Does that mean the offer i get will definitely require me to do 4 subjects.
Say, make an offer for me to get A*AAA in A2.
Or they will just ask me to get A*AA and ignore the 4th subject.

Does Warwick normally give an offer required to do 4 subjects if you do 4 subjects in A2

Please Help.. Thank you.

I'm applying to MMORSE and doing Maths,F.maths,Physics and Chemistry and deciding dropping Chemistry or not.

Regardless of any offer you might receive, you will not be sending a good signal (particularly to good universities) if, as a double maths pupil, you drop your fourth subject. Most people who study maths and FM take four full A levels.

You could get a four A level offer, though Warwick seems far more likely to specify three plus a STEP result.
Reply 3
Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW
I think there is quite a high chance that the offer will include your 4th subjects unfortunately, although I may be wrong.
I am basing this on the fact that a guy in my sixth form applied to Warwick for maths with four subjects on his UCAS, and got a 4 subjects offer, I think it was A*AAA or something :s-smilie:

He certainly didn't. The maths department makes a standard offer to everybody, and it doesn't involve a fourth A-level. It does include a STEP paper though, which may have been your source of confusion.

For maths, at least, they will give you an offer based on just three. No idea about other departments.
Original post by BlueSam3
He certainly didn't. The maths department makes a standard offer to everybody, and it doesn't involve a fourth A-level. It does include a STEP paper though, which may have been your source of confusion.

For maths, at least, they will give you an offer based on just three. No idea about other departments.

I am sure the fourth A level was still in his offer, but yes, I could have been STEP, I shall take your word for it sir :colondollar:
Reply 5
Original post by Good bloke
Regardless of any offer you might receive, you will not be sending a good signal (particularly to good universities) if, as a double maths pupil, you drop your fourth subject. Most people who study maths and FM take four full A levels.

You could get a four A level offer, though Warwick seems far more likely to specify three plus a STEP result.

What if your 4th subject is completely irrelevant to a maths degree? I dropped History so really unis shouldn't look down on me for wanting to do better in 3 rather than average in 4 ?
Original post by Robbie242
What if your 4th subject is completely irrelevant to a maths degree? I dropped History so really unis shouldn't look down on me for wanting to do better in 3 rather than average in 4 ?

It isn't a question of being looked down on; it is a question of competing with the other candidates. However, maths departments sometimes ask for STEP which is more relevant.
Reply 7
Original post by Good bloke
It isn't a question of being looked down on; it is a question of competing with the other candidates. However, maths departments sometimes ask for STEP which is more relevant.

oh fair enough
Reply 8
Original post by BlueSam3

Must include STEP Paper? In Warwick website, i saw they might make an A*A*A offer (Maths & F.Maths A*)
Reply 9
Original post by bigcrazysix
Must include STEP Paper? In Warwick website, i saw they might make an A*A*A offer (Maths & F.Maths A*)

The maths department makes exactly the same offer to everybody:

Either A*A*A (A*s in maths/further) with a 2 in STEP, or A*AA (A* in maths) with a 1 in STEP.

Quick Reply

Latest