The Student Room Group

READ please :(

:frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown: ok guys, please help me. I have done the worst thing ever in my life ... I simply skipped few classes initially, then whole semester and now it has been 2 and half semesters already ....I had loads of mental problems and could not cope with my life ... now I am okay, my life got back to normal and I am happy ... well, not really ! .. i want to get back and carry on with my course .. i finished 1st year btw .. what can I do now? what are my chances that they will take me back? :frown:

also, I sent them an official letter about me postponing my course because of serious circumstances, but did not get any reply from them .. my uni is very messy and disorganized, so I am not sure if they ever seen that letter !!!!!

Please, do not tell me that I am an idiot, I know that very well ...

THANKS ! :confused:
Reply 1
Original post by marikask
:frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown: ok guys, please help me. I have done the worst thing ever in my life ... I simply skipped few classes initially, then whole semester and now it has been 2 and half semesters already ....I had loads of mental problems and could not cope with my life ... now I am okay, my life got back to normal and I am happy ... well, not really ! .. i want to get back and carry on with my course .. i finished 1st year btw .. what can I do now? what are my chances that they will take me back? :frown:

also, I sent them an official letter about me postponing my course because of serious circumstances, but did not get any reply from them .. my uni is very messy and disorganized, so I am not sure if they ever seen that letter !!!!!

You weren't very specific but have your circumstances changed such that you are now mentally prepared to deal with university again? If you are, call up your university's welfare team. They will be able to get you appropriate help for whatever is happening/happened and give you contacts to see whether you can go back to university/delay studies further.

You are not an idiot and clearly you were struggling. It sounds like you are still struggling though - nothing wrong with that. Going back to university won't solve all your problems - it'll just restart the cycle, if you don't get help.
Original post by marikask

Start with contacting your last personal tutor and explain the situation and ask what your options are.

Quick Reply

Latest