The Student Room Group

Master Degree Applicants 2014/2015

Hey,

I know its a bit early to be starting a new thread on master degree applications since some Uni's haven't opened their application entries yet, but it would be good to know who else is looking into applying for masters for 2014/2015. What you're planning on doing and which Uni's you're looking at + general advice for anyone thinking about it already, in my case: (Oh if anyone is already doing a Masters in these Uni's please give us your opinion on them ^^)

Hoping to do masters in Chemical Engineering/Advanced Chemical Engineering

Imperial College - 1st choice

UCL - Would like to go there too

Leeds

Manchester

Cambridge - However their masters in ChemEng is more research based then taught

Birmingham

Nottingham

Loughborough

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello! I plan on doing my MA in Archaeology and have sent my applications to

Liverpool

Southampton - first choice

Nottingham

Durham

Sheffield

I have yet to apply to UCL and Leicester.

I have already got an offer from the University of Liverpool but I'm still waiting for the others to respond and then will make a decision. :smile: But all this waiting is killing me! :s-smilie:
Reply 2
That sounds awesome well done!
What's your predicted grade? What did you need for the applications? My applications will be opening soon

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Surprisingly, they asked me to fulfill a condition of getting a first class (i expected a distinction condition). For the application I submitted my 10th, 12th and my current Undergrad transcripts, my two letters of recommendation, an SOP, and an Oxford University Short Online Course completion transcript and a sample of work. :smile:
I will send my applications to UCL and Leicester on the 25th since its opening then, but I doubt I will keep my other offers on hold just for their reply :P Sucks though, cause UCL is AMAZING :frown:
Good luck with your applications btw :biggrin:
Reply 4
99% certain I want to do an MA in International Public Policy, applying to UEA and Kings (European Public Policy). UEA is my top choice as its my current uni, its the cheapest, I can still live out & not have some ridiculous commute and I love it there.
(edited 10 years ago)
Hey, I'm applying to do an English Literature MA (broad name, haha) at:

Durham
Oxford
UCL
Bristol
Shakespeare Institute, Birmingham
Reply 6
Original post by Skamth
Surprisingly, they asked me to fulfill a condition of getting a first class (i expected a distinction condition). For the application I submitted my 10th, 12th and my current Undergrad transcripts, my two letters of recommendation, an SOP, and an Oxford University Short Online Course completion transcript and a sample of work. :smile:
I will send my applications to UCL and Leicester on the 25th since its opening then, but I doubt I will keep my other offers on hold just for their reply :P Sucks though, cause UCL is AMAZING :frown:
Good luck with your applications btw :biggrin:

Thank you. Yh I agree UCL is amazing hope to get an offer from them if Imperial doesn't accept me, can't wait to start applying :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by jelly1000
99% certain I want to do an MA in International Public Policy, applying to UEA and Kings. UEA is my top choice as its my current uni and I love it there.

Prob will be easy for you to get into UEA since they you go there already what course are you doing? And what's your current grade?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Frobisher_31
Hey, I'm applying to do an English Literature MA (broad name, haha) at:

Durham
Oxford
UCL
Bristol
Shakespeare Institute, Birmingham

Good luck :smile: have you started any applications yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi :smile:
I'm hoping to do an MSC in Crime Analysis down at southampton next year :smile:
Got a lot of things to sort out first to see if its possible though!!
99% certain I want to do an MA in International Public Policy, applying to UEA and Kings. UEA is my top choice as its my current uni and I love it there.

You might want to consider UCL as well for their MSc in International Public Policy. It is supposed to be quite well regarded and I've got a friend about to begin it this year.

Personally I'm not 100% sure on what I'm applying to. I'm really interested in the possibility of doing the University of Edinburgh's Master of Public Policy but the course fees are way more than I could possibly afford.
Reply 11
Hi guys, I would love to apply to UCL for MSci in Biology.
Also thinking of applying to Imperial, York, Queen Mary's and possibly Oxford....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Applying to LSE, UCL, SOAS, King's and Queen Mary for International Relations (International Public Policy for UCL)! A bit unsure about my grades, going to work hard this year! :smile:
Reply 13
@Rosyposypuddingpie Great to hear that your first choice is Southampton as well! Good luck with the application process :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Doc.Daneeka
You might want to consider UCL as well for their MSc in International Public Policy. It is supposed to be quite well regarded and I've got a friend about to begin it this year.

Personally I'm not 100% sure on what I'm applying to. I'm really interested in the possibility of doing the University of Edinburgh's Master of Public Policy but the course fees are way more than I could possibly afford.

I did but I fear its too Mathsy with the module in Quantative analysis involved.
Original post by NuriaM
Prob will be easy for you to get into UEA since they you go there already what course are you doing? And what's your current grade?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope so, currently doing International Relations, got 66.99% for 2nd year which is 50% of my overall grade.
I did but I fear its too Mathsy with the module in Quantative analysis involved.

Well, my friend isn't particularly mathy (he did some pre-honours microeconomics and macroeconomics during his undergrad) and he doesn't seem phased by it at all. I'd consider contacting the uni requesting information about how mathy that module is, as it might not be too bad!
Original post by NuriaM
Good luck :smile: have you started any applications yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Yeah, for Oxford, Birmingham and Durham :smile:. I've done all the boring admin stuff, now I need to do the personal statement haha.
Original post by Doc.Daneeka
Well, my friend isn't particularly mathy (he did some pre-honours microeconomics and macroeconomics during his undergrad) and he doesn't seem phased by it at all. I'd consider contacting the uni requesting information about how mathy that module is, as it might not be too bad!

I suppose I ought to I just wouldn't feel confident in even doing anything undergraduate with numbers involved
Reply 19
Original post by Frobisher_31
Thank you! Yeah, for Oxford, Birmingham and Durham :smile:. I've done all the boring admin stuff, now I need to do the personal statement haha.

Ha can't wait to start as well! Been working on my personal statement hopefully it will be good enough

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending