The Student Room Group

Master Degree Applicants 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NuriaM
Ha can't wait to start as well! Been working on my personal statement hopefully it will be good enough

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, how are you finding the application process?
Reply 21
Original post by Frobisher_31
Haha, how are you finding the application process?

Haven't started yet as the Uni's am applying to will be opening their applications soon...can't wait so started working on my personal statement

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I'm going to apply to York, St Andrews, Edinburgh and Durham to do an MA in Medieval History. How long are people's personal statements? Mines verging on 600 words, but I'm not sure if this is too short, but I don't want it to be too long and waffly! Also are you shaping your personal statements to each individual university or using the same one for all applications?
Reply 23
Hi,
That sounds good well done!
Original post by Netballgal14
Hi, I'm going to apply to York, St Andrews, Edinburgh and Durham to do an MA in Medieval History. How long are people's personal statements? Mines verging on 600 words, but I'm not sure if this is too short, but I don't want it to be too long and waffly! Also are you shaping your personal statements to each individual university or using the same one for all applications?

havent even thought about writing mine yet :P
Reply 25
Hey ,
i have applied for MBA at Southampton Solent

anyone doing their masters at Southampton Solent ?
Reply 26
Does anyone know how long Southampton and Durham take to give out offers? :s-smilie:
Reply 27
Heya everyone, I'm planning to apply for MA in Librarianship or Information Management at:

RGU - DL
Northumbria - DL
Aberystwyth - DL
Uni of Sheffield
City
Brighton
University of Boras, Sweden - mixed DL

Hopefully, it will workout well for Uni of Boras, as I like their course and it is free for EU students :rolleyes: , but realistically RGU looks like my best bet, as I don't have a lot of work experience in the field and have a family to look after, so moving might be out of the question :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 28
Hello!!

I finished off all my applications now, applying for a MSc Acccounting & Finance at:

- Manchester
- Birmingham
- Queen Mary

and also a MBA at Loughborough University.

Did anyone send their applications yet? And if so, have u heard from any unis?

Goodluck!
If anyone is intending to apply to a philosophy masters then I would be very interested to hear from them about their plans etc as I'm currently considering St. Andrews M.Litt but I'm not 100% on it over other, more immediately financially rewarding, options.
I've just applied for the MPhil in Modern European History at Cambridge.

Also going to be applying to KCL and UCL in due course, for MA Modern History/MA History.

I'm so scared of the next couple of months! :afraid:
Done the first draft of my personal statement, waiting for my advisor to check it. Fear its pretty rubbish at the moment as its too short (just under 400 words) but I can't think of anything else to add. I don't have relevant work experience or anything else I can think of to add.
Reply 32
Original post by jelly1000
Done the first draft of my personal statement, waiting for my advisor to check it. Fear its pretty rubbish at the moment as its too short (just under 400 words) but I can't think of anything else to add. I don't have relevant work experience or anything else I can think of to add.

Hey I know the feeling! Your advisor would have already told you this but Just make sure to stick to what's needed and discard whatever you feel is irrelevant. Start off with an introduction to yourself and how you got interested in the field, then why you are choosing that university and what you expect to gain from the course, then your achievements in college or wherever and finally a conclusion showing your passion and your future aspirations. I have no background in archaeology as well but I just gave it a go and have
received an offer from Sheffield, Liverpool, Durham and Southampton so far! Gonna be accepting the Southampton offer since I absolutely love the course offered there :smile: good luck and keep us updated on how things are going with your application!
[ =1]Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Skamth
Hey I know the feeling! Your advisor would have already told you this but Just make sure to stick to what's needed and discard whatever you feel is irrelevant. Start off with an introduction to yourself and how you got interested in the field, then why you are choosing that university and what you expect to gain from the course, then your achievements in college or wherever and finally a conclusion showing your passion and your future aspirations. I have no background in archaeology as well but I just gave it a go and have
received an offer from Sheffield, Liverpool, Durham and Southampton so far! Gonna be accepting the Southampton offer since I absolutely love the course offered there :smile: good luck and keep us updated on how things are going with your application!
[ =1]Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks yeah I think I could possibly do with adding why that uni. Too used to the UCAS personal statement where you don't dare mention it/
Reply 34
Well i got responses from Newcastle, Liverpool and Manchester already (all offers, plus Sheffield=rejection). I accepted the offer from Manchester but i don't even know what tge condition is since they didn't send me any email! I just logged in, saw offer, pressed "accept" and that's it... Now waiting to hear further from them and i hope the condition is just formal because i really want to go there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by Doc.Daneeka
You might want to consider UCL as well for their MSc in International Public Policy. It is supposed to be quite well regarded and I've got a friend about to begin it this year.

Slightly forward, and I realize your friend would've just started the MSc in IPP at UCL, but do you happen to know how they're liking the program so far?

Original post by MisaG
Applying to LSE, UCL, SOAS, King's and Queen Mary for International Relations (International Public Policy for UCL)! A bit unsure about my grades, going to work hard this year! :smile:

Also considering International Public Policy at UCL! :smile:
Original post by wizardry
Slightly forward, and I realize your friend would've just started the MSc in IPP at UCL, but do you happen to know how they're liking the program so far?

I was wondering the same thing myself. I think he is enjoying it but I'll make a note to ask him the next time I call him and I'll come back to let you know.
Reply 37
Original post by Doc.Daneeka
I was wondering the same thing myself. I think he is enjoying it but I'll make a note to ask him the next time I call him and I'll come back to let you know.

That would be wonderful, thanks! :smile:
I have had responses from York and Edinburgh, who have both given me an offer to study an MA in Medieval History, but does anyone know how long it takes for Durham or St Andrews to make a decision?
Reply 39
Accepted an offer from Southampton for MA Palaeolithic Archaeology and Human Origins :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending