The Student Room Group

Perceptions of teachers

Dear All,

I am currently a PGCE student and I am researching the perceptions of teachers, particularly those 11-18 year olds.

I would be grateful if those who fit in that age bracket could respond to the following questions. It would be very much appreciated.

1. Are you currently at school?
2. 3 words to describe 'a teacher'.
3. Are you considering further/higher education?
4. What is your best or worst experience in the classroom?
5. What is your worst experience you’ve ever had in school?
6. What sector do your parent/s work in?
7. What is your favourite subject and why?
8. What is your ideal future job?
9. Are you happy with your school? What should be done to make it better?
10. What do you think makes a good teacher?

Your answers can just be short and they don't have to be very detailed.

Thanks in anticipation.

Chris Armstrong
PGCE Student.
Reply 1
I know that is a lot of information to give a stranger. So it would be great if you could answer questions: 1, 2, 4, 9 and 10. Thanks.
Original post by MrChris
x

1. Are you currently at school? Yes, in Sixth Form
2. 3 words to describe 'a teacher'. Trustworthy, dedicated, helpful
3. Are you considering further/higher education? Yes
4. What is your best or worst experience in the classroom?
5. What is your worst experience you’ve ever had in school? Just generally bad behavior from other pupils in the class, which disrupted the lesson/caused the teacher to be prejudiced against the class
6. What sector do your parent/s work in? Education and administration
7. What is your favourite subject and why? History because I love earning about previous cultures and societies, and German because I feel that learning a language is very rewarding
8. What is your ideal future job? No idea
9. Are you happy with your school? What should be done to make it better? Great teachers but the organisation is dreadful, there is also a lack of resources and bad facilities
10. What do you think makes a good teacher? Someone who is very enthusiastic and eager about their subject and so can make dull topics appear interesting to pupils, who is dedicated to their class and subject, who regularly marks and provides detailed feedback on work, who motivates pupils,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending