The Student Room Group
Well if the dentist said that it's gotta be done, then it must be right! I had two back teeth removed in order for the front to be straightened and i've heard people having to get 4 teeth removed. Usually it ends up looking better in the long term if you do.
Its definately better in the long term and dentists know best :smile:
i had to have 6 teeath out when i was around 12. I now have a lower brace and a retainer to where at night, they have straighened my teeth up so much!

Seriously, the first 2 weeks youll hate them and want to just get them off, but after u get used to them its fine and you wont regret it.

Hope this helps.
well its probably out of place because there is hardly any space in there. (your teeth are big). by all means remove and put the braces :biggrin:
Reply 5
i was finally given a brace 3 years ago since i had one tooth in the palate, one under the tounge and 2 "vampire fangs". With all this the orthodontist removed 6 teeth and used braces, and later retainers.

Trust me when i say, do as they tell you to! I hardly ever wore the retainer so my teeth moved back to where they were before. Nowi have the option of putting up with it, or paying about £2500 a year for treatment. As the previous was done under NHS and took 2 years, it wasnt too much of a problem. As i have just finished my first year of uni, i think i will have to wait untill i start earning tobe able to afford it.

Moral of story: do as they tell you to. Take lotsof tissues with you whenever you go. Eachtime he does any new work in your mouth you will uncontrolabley start to 'dribble'. The worst for me was when i hadthe teeth removed and your mouth goes numb, so you cant tell your 'dribbling'
Reply 6
Ronaldo XII
Its definately better in the long term and dentists know best :smile:

:ditto:

Latest

Trending

Trending