The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
So anyone know the grade boundaries. I need at least a B
LuckyMan
So anyone know the grade boundaries. I need at least a B

well it depends on how well we all do lol. UMS wise 72/90 is an A..but the paper is actually marked out of 60...so it gets a bit confusing lol. 80% is meant to be about an A...so thats 48/60...highly unlikely in my case i feel. :frown: sorry for not being more knowledgeable (haha..not only can i not do physics, i can't spell either) :p:
ok...last year...33/60 was a B..2003 35/60 was a B...i can do that maybe...lol
Reply 23
Really only 33, I can do that I think

Any idea what an A was in raw marks
Yep...i think like 37/60 was an A...not much in it really. my teacher reckons i'l get an A...but after my appalling performance in PSA5 i doubt it...i only just got an A in PSA4 in Jan...and PSA6 is clearly gonna be hardest paper :frown: xxx
and obviously for 2003...39/60 was an A. not much in it really. 4 marks between an A and a B..blimey :frown: xx
Reply 26
Only 4 marks difference between an A and a B, that sux. So if you mess up the last Q you can go from an A to maybe a C!!!!!!!!
Yep...thts so rubbish isnt it :frown: oh well. i dont actually need a grade in physics...wuld just like my A lol. Im so bored of revising. And urgh, my school is so gay,so is making us do general studies...so i have tht 2moro morning, and then physics :'( im rubbish at general studies...i can only just get a D if i try...so i may as well nt bother lol.
Reply 28
Thats pretty harsh although you cant really revise for PSA 6 anyway so you mite as well go for a decent mark in General Studies to balance the U we will probably get in PSA 6 :shot:
haha well..we dont even have lessons in general studies...and seeing as i study all three sciences and german...my knowledge of politics and media and the like is fairly limited, i was never gonna get a decent grade in general studies lol. ive done a fair bit of revision for PSA6...but i no the stuff i have revised wont come up :frown: or it will be all GAY and in context...i hate that so much...in PSA4 in jan...stupid toothbrush question, took me forever to realise they were talking about a transformer...if they want to no how a transformer works, why dont they ask that!xx
Reply 30
How are u revising for PSA 6
Reply 31
They asked a transformer question in the context of a tootbrush?! That's a new one to me. Would be bloody hilarious if these people didn't write tomorrow's exam. If you want to know the reasons for the small gaps between grades in the synoptic, its because many of the questions are so poorly written that most people have no idea what they are asking therefore get them wrong which drives the grade boundaries down. Also, many of the questions are common sense (i.e. is "brittle" a suitable quality for clothing?) so most people get them right. This means that there are very few questions that can differentiate between the good and the bad hence making very close grade boundaries

Stupid, stupid people

If I was revising, I would just be going over AS stuff I have forgotten like lenses and the properties of materials and practicing some of the data manipulation stuff. Unfortunatly, my textbook is in college and I couldn't be bothered to go and pick it up and my notes are a disorganised mess - I didn't bother sorting them into different subjects so I just have several A4 pads with notes from all of mmy subjects in them
Yes...a toothbrush i say! an electric one..obv...but omg..it was so stupid! i was just like "...." and i totally agree about most of the questions being so stupid...some of them are so hard that u just think "what?" and others are so stupidly easy that you think that what you think is the answer cant possibly be the answer, so try to think of some more complicated answer. i hate them so much lol. I've gone over most of the AS stuff, so hopefully i should be ok. *cries* xxx
Reply 33
BTW is the exam in the morning or afternoon
LuckyMan
How are u revising for PSA 6

oh..im just basically going over everything..AS particularly...learning all the EAT materials definitions, because they seem to crop up a bit...rest of its just luck what comes up. oh and proving relationships seems to come up a fair bit too, which i can finally do :biggrin:.
LuckyMan
BTW is the exam in the morning or afternoon

afternoon. i have the joys of general studies to contend with in the morning. i may just revise physics over the paper "yes...i dont have a clue about the thing that ur asking me, but did u no that f=ma, and therefore..." haha...the general studies examiners wuld love tht!
Reply 36
I hate reading a question then saying to myself "I didn't know that word existed...how do I know what it equals?"

Then turning the page and seeing a question and not answering it properly because I think what my answer would be is too simple
HAHA i no what you mean...most of the questions in physics i just think "huh..i didnt no tht existed..." laaa.chemistry is so much better :biggrin: lol
Reply 38
I genuinely believe that there will only be one question in tomorrows exam.

Q1 of 1) Given that the rotational speed of Earth is 30km/s, and that 1+1=2 determine whether there is in fact an alien race from mars.
[60 marks]

I've just generated a new theory, i reckon they do it for their own personal amusement. They get together every 6 months write a 'paper' then come july they have a good laugh at us trying to make sense of the times crossword style cryptic questions.

(copied from my post in anger at exams thread)
Reply 39
Yaay its the day of the exam, good luck every1

Latest