The Student Room Group

London Met Film School

Hello, are there any current or past students of London Met Film school here? If so, I'd appreciate any information and advice you could give me about the institution, like how you got a place and things like that.
I'd also appreciate it if only people who actually have experience of the place could reply, cheers.
Reply 1
Bump.
Hello my name is natasha, I just recently graduated from london metropolitan university with a degree in film and television. I heard about london met through a friend. I decided to transfer here for my second year of university and have enjoyed it thoroughly. I got my place by applying to ucas again and got an unconditional offer which I was pleased with. Over all my course has been really fun and has given me more insight into the world of film and television.
Original post by Livingstone
Hello, are there any current or past students of London Met Film school here? If so, I'd appreciate any information and advice you could give me about the institution, like how you got a place and things like that.
I'd also appreciate it if only people who actually have experience of the place could reply, cheers.

Do you mean Met Film School, or the filmmaking course at London Met University? The former has extortionate fees but is very respectable, the latter has a pretty iffy reputation.
Reply 4
Original post by Royal Tenenbaum
Do you mean Met Film School, or the filmmaking course at London Met University? The former has extortionate fees but is very respectable, the latter has a pretty iffy reputation.

I meant Met Film School. Since making that post I've checked out their prices and they are indeed insane. Do you think the respectability offsets this?
Original post by Livingstone
I meant Met Film School. Since making that post I've checked out their prices and they are indeed insane. Do you think the respectability offsets this?

Nothing is worth those fees imho
Reply 6
Can anyone tell me if Met Film School is better than Northern Film School at Leeds Met? Having trouble!
Original post by lewisdenver
Can anyone tell me if Met Film School is better than Northern Film School at Leeds Met? Having trouble!

Yes it is; Northern's not great. But again, unless you're absolutely minted, Met's not worth the money. A student loan doesn't even remotely cover the fees at Met.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Any 2015 MA Filmmaking students that are starting in October? I'm starting the Directing course, and thought it would be great to see if there's anyone starting in October with me, to arrange a few drinks and get to know some people, as we will be working closely between departments. Exciting times... :-)
Reply 9
Original post by adissius
Any 2015 MA Filmmaking students that are starting in October? I'm starting the Directing course, and thought it would be great to see if there's anyone starting in October with me, to arrange a few drinks and get to know some people, as we will be working closely between departments. Exciting times... :-)

Hi am starting MA in october 2015 as well (Producing!)
Am currently out of the country but would love to get together for drinks some time!
Original post by adissius

I would rely like to know how your MA went? I have a place for October - MA in Doc Film Making but I'm having second thoughts because of the high fees and the frequent bad reviews.
Many thanks
Can anyone tell me about “met film school” experience? About environment,opportunity and more
Original post by natasha2013
Hello my name is natasha, I just recently graduated from london metropolitan university with a degree in film and television. I heard about london met through a friend. I decided to transfer here for my second year of university and have enjoyed it thoroughly. I got my place by applying to ucas again and got an unconditional offer which I was pleased with. Over all my course has been really fun and has given me more insight into the world of film and television.

Hi Natasha,

I'm one of the London Met official reps. Just wanted to say thanks for the lovely review :smile: We're delighted you enjoyed your degree here with us. Our students love our Film and Television courses. It's always great to hear back from students. Congrats on becoming a graduate and the very best of luck in the future.

Have a great day!
Nonie
Original post by London Met Uni official
Hi Natasha,

I'm one of the London Met official reps. Just wanted to say thanks for the lovely review :smile: We're delighted you enjoyed your degree here with us. Our students love our Film and Television courses. It's always great to hear back from students. Congrats on becoming a graduate and the very best of luck in the future.

Have a great day!
Nonie

Natasha posted this in 2013

Quick Reply

Latest