The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
At the moment we have M1, C1 and C2 on the go at the same time. M1 is certainly the most rewarding of them.
Reply 21
Original post by QuantumSuicide
It doesn't get hard until you hit C3 trig

'The Maths AS Level Thread'
Reply 22
when are your teachers saying your class will finish c1 and move into c2? ours is saying by christmas time :s-smilie:
Reply 23
Original post by pathosL
when are your teachers saying your class will finish c1 and move into c2? ours is saying by christmas time :s-smilie:

We're doing both now (and mechanics) all at once!

I think that's probably to do with the fact we have to fit the whole of Maths AS and A2 in this year though!
Reply 24
Original post by Red Fox
I'm doing M1 and D1 on AQA this year

You can only do one optional module in AS Maths.
Reply 25
Original post by Dalek1099
You can only do one optional module in AS Maths.

D1 is for FM but it's still an AS module
Reply 26
Original post by Red Fox
D1 is for FM but it's still an AS module

What is the other Further Maths module you are taking? and AS modules taken in AS Further Maths time should go on the Further Maths Thread.
Excellent thread and good luck to you all.
Reply 28
Same! Is s1 boring/hard?:confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr234
Same! Is s1 boring/hard?:confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Both words are subjective.
I decided to teach M1 and D1 this year.
I would prefer M1/M2, D1/D2 before S1 but that is just my personal preference. Many people love stats. I find it a little 'plug and chuggy'
I prefer doing S2 over S1 also.
Reply 30
Original post by Dalek1099
You can only do one optional module in your Maths AS:confused:

sorry I did not realise this was just for single maths, I am doing further maths this year too.
S1 on Edexcel :smile:
Reply 32
doing s1 :biggrin:
guys why do you think m1 and c4 are hard, im doing c3 atm and its going ok.
Reply 34
Original post by Tibbz2
At the moment we have M1, C1 and C2 on the go at the same time. M1 is certainly the most rewarding of them.

In my class I am being taught C1 up till Christmas and then after I will be taught C2 and S1 at the same time.At the moment, the class is recapping GCSE and it has been very boring but at least the teacher today covered Surds( rationalising the denominator) because that will be on our exam and the other stuff like factorise 3x+9 certainly isn't.
I feel for you all. C1 is an incredibly boring module and stats is only marginally better, however I enjoyed c2 so at least you have that to look forward to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Does anyone else imagine a voice like this when you read what he types?
[video="youtube;P6FMs100yPY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6FMs100yPY[/video]
Reply 37
In my school we're doing for AS Level C1 C2 and S1, i've recently started further maths and we will be doing FP1 D1 and S2 (if i remember correctly), which one of all these 6 modules will be the hardest?, so far they seem easy.
Original post by Mentally
In my school we're doing for AS Level C1 C2 and S1, i've recently started further maths and we will be doing FP1 D1 and S2 (if i remember correctly), which one of all these 6 modules will be the hardest?, so far they seem easy.

My mate does further maths and he says d1 is easy but the papers are very strict, he liked fp1 and he got an a in it so I suppose its reasonable, s2 however he said was solid to me (got a c in it).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Original post by Mentally

I think that S2 will be the hardest because that is your only A2 module,followed by FP1 because although its an AS module it is designed for more able students unlike S2 and follows on from C1 and C2.C1 will be the easiest because it is designed for natural progression from GCSE(on Edexcel 5 out of the 8 topics are GCSE Level:eek:)probably followed by C2 because the applied modules are harder in my opinion because you have to actually understand the maths and its real life applications but this is just my opinion and I'm starting myself this year so I might change my mind on the modules once I have sat them myself.What board are you studying with?

Also, talk about Further Maths here

Latest