The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Timetable

Has anybody had their tutorial groups communicated to them? When the timetables went live they included all tutorial groups and it was said that your individual department would be contacting you with which group you're in for each module in two weeks.

I'm in the business school and haven't received anything, was just wondering if anyone from any other department had?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I didn't think that Tutorial Groups are found out until the department induction
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi,
I applied last year and deferred my place to this year but I wasn't aware that I still had a place so when I got my Philosophy letter about the induction week I was actually surprised... I'm trying to get everything together in time for the 30th but I'm in need of my other course communicating with me... I'm doing Creative Writing and Philosophy so I'm waiting for the letter for that department as I've already for my philosophy... Can I access this on the Internet or do I wait for the letter to come through? Or do I call the university up?
Hey this link explains about timetables http://hullstudent.com/news/article/access-your-timetable-today just follow the instructions
Reply 4
Original post by LilMxPlaugeRat
I didn't think that Tutorial Groups are found out until the department induction

That's basically how it worked last year, but this year it stated in the very article you've linked to in your other post that tutorial groups would be communicated two weeks after them timetables went live.

I haven't heard anything, just wondered if others have?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I went back and reread it, maybe they are struggling with the system and that is why we don't know yet
Reply 6
Yeah I went back and reread it, maybe they are struggling with the system and that is why we don't know yet

Maybe, knew this would happen tbh. Kind of makes the fanfare the union made about early timetables a little silly really.

Still, it's technically only three days late. I may annoy the undergraduates office with an email tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tell me the result of the annoying if you do
Reply 8
Tell me the result of the annoying if you do

Will do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Well, I emailed the undergraduate office and it turns out we won't get our tutorial groups until induction week (in the business school anyway). Hardly a surprise, but disappointing none the less.
To be fair to the University though, they'll happily change your tutorial group if it clashes with work/childcare. Would just have been nice to have the opportunity to sort it all before term. It can be a hectic time, the first week, especially for freshers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I got a letter from the Physics Department today with the induction week timetable and saying tutor groups would be assigned on one of the induction days
Reply 11
Hiya,
I found my timetable (through entering my degree programme code) but is it normal for every week to be different from the week prior? I just don't want to have to print numerous pages out and try keep up to date with each week... Is this to be expected or will I get my "actual" (past students have said their timetables usually stayed the same) timetable when I go to the induction week?... (I'm first year)
It's possible that you have some classes on even weeks and others on odd weeks, it depends on the degree and the department I guess

Quick Reply

Latest