The Student Room Group

Children Nursing 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by JAQUIE-FRAN
I also applied to Southampton and have an interview there which day did you chose for the interview?? Best of luck!
:smile:

Congrats on the interview!! And i chose the 6th November selection day! Which day have you chosen! And thank you! Good luck with your selection day :smile:! Which branch have you applied for??
Original post by mazza1993
hi,
i am currently doing an access course in Health and have started to begin my ucas application, i am applying for the childrens nursing branch. I have been an nursery nurse for 3 years and currently waiting for an induction to start volunterring at local hospital. Just wondering if anyone else is applying or has any tips for me?
thankyou :biggrin:

i am also applying to uni for child nursing degree.right now i am doing btec extended diploma level 3 applied science.I am going to apply to surrey,kings,city,southampton and hertfordshire.i really hope i get offers.my dream uni is surrey :smile: :smile:
Just put in my application I'm so excited! I have applied to: Northampton, Hertfordshire, UCS, Surrey and Birmingham 😄
Reply 23
ive applied for adult nursing at nottingham, chester, york and RGU in aberdeen. ive got interviews at chester and nottingham both for december, im now just worried about how competitive it is and i really dont want to go through clearing :/
Original post by emmakh
ive applied for adult nursing at nottingham, chester, york and RGU in aberdeen. ive got interviews at chester and nottingham both for december, im now just worried about how competitive it is and i really dont want to go through clearing :/

I'm at nottingham for nursing if you have any questions just pm me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
has anyone had an interview at Bournemouth ?
Original post by misspoxo
has anyone had an interview at Bournemouth ?

Not yet, but I did put my application in for Bournemouth over 2 weeks ago and just waiting for a response!
Reply 27
Original post by graceey_bear
university of nottingham for children's branch! :smile: extremely excited and ucas is stressful! haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have an interview for children's nursing at Nottingham in February. Do you have any useful advice for me please?
Original post by MissKatieH
I have an interview for children's nursing at Nottingham in February. Do you have any useful advice for me please?

swot up on the media, make sure you have plenty of experience. Always answer questions with a back up of experience or/and something in the news. ask people's opinions!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
I'm getting so nervous about this, I'm in my third year and I'm hoping to get my application sent to my references tomorrow, and everyone is getting offers and getting all excited. I just finished my personal statement, I'm just confused: do I pay my ucas before or after my reference? My tutor said to pay it and then it goes straight to him, is that correct... Ahhhh!!
Original post by Paigeyxx
I'm getting so nervous about this, I'm in my third year and I'm hoping to get my application sent to my references tomorrow, and everyone is getting offers and getting all excited. I just finished my personal statement, I'm just confused: do I pay my ucas before or after my reference? My tutor said to pay it and then it goes straight to him, is that correct... Ahhhh!!

you pay it, your tutor then gets it, then he can attach the reference put in your grades and send it off. If there's a problem he can just send it back to you and then you send it again (you don't pay again if that happens) once it's sent it's sent

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Original post by graceey_bear
you pay it, your tutor then gets it, then he can attach the reference put in your grades and send it off. If there's a problem he can just send it back to you and then you send it again (you don't pay again if that happens) once it's sent it's sent

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile:
Reply 32
Hi got an interview for UCLAN for child nursing in January. So nervous! Any advice ? Xx
Reply 33
Have you got an interview with any of Those unis? Look online for samples of entry because the entry test at herts was a little difficult and you have to get six out of ten to get an interview , If you get below that you are sent home.
Reply 34
Original post by ChelseaM28
Not yet, but I did put my application in for Bournemouth over 2 weeks ago and just waiting for a response!

Mine took about 3 weeks after I sent my Ucas off
Reply 35
Any one who has an offer, what are you predicted to get in your subjects, what subjects are you taking, where was your offer, and what did you get in your first year ? Xx
Reply 36
Original post by Paigeyxx
Any one who has an offer, what are you predicted to get in your subjects, what subjects are you taking, where was your offer, and what did you get in your first year ? Xx

Hi!
Im predicted:
Psychology-A* (got an A at AS)
Biology-A (got a B as AS)
Dance-A (got a B at AS)

Ive firmed my offer from Southampton and insured my offer from oxford Brookes :smile:! Good luck with your application!!!!
Good luck to everyone with their interviews hope you get a place!! Anyone else starting at Hertfordshire uni in September for children's nursing?? :-) Interview tip be honest and do your research bout current issues! Best thing that helped me with children and hound people nursing magazines!! All the best x
Any one got an offer for an interview at Hull Uni for Childrens nursing?
Reply 39
Original post by bm_sewell
Hi!
Im predicted:
Psychology-A* (got an A at AS)
Biology-A (got a B as AS)
Dance-A (got a B at AS)

Ive firmed my offer from Southampton and insured my offer from oxford Brookes :smile:! Good luck with your application!!!!

If I private message you my number, wanna be psychology pen pals ;p

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending