The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel Business studies CA

Hi I am currently preparing for my Business control assessment and am unsure of what to right. My Question is [ What would be the most suitable location for a small business to start up in your local area? ]. I do not know what to write plus does anyone have an example of a control assessment done so I can have a similar structure. If anyone has done this please add me as it will be helpful. Thanks for reading plus I am sorry if this is in the wrong thread.
Reply 1
I don't have any examples of ca's but my business teacher told the people doing that question to choose a business e.g a florist and as part of your research you need to make a questionnaire/interview to ask a business owner why they chose to set up their business there, do they rely on people passing by, are they near good transport links (tube/bus/motorways),, is there competition and is there parking.
The question wants you to write about where the business e.g the florist should be set up, so you'd need to choose somewhere in your local area that's suitable for the business and write why the place you've chosen is suitable for that business. My mate did a pub and he chose a high street near where we live as it's a busy high street, good transport links nearby, not many other pubs around, the people where i live like to drink (fits target market) and there's free parking nearby as well as 2 universities full of students who want to drink :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by kdizzle97
I don't have any examples of ca's but my business teacher told the people doing that question to choose a business e.g a florist and as part of your research you need to make a questionnaire/interview to ask a business owner why they chose to set up their business there, do they rely on people passing by, are they near good transport links (tube/bus/motorways),, is there competition and is there parking.
The question wants you to write about where the business e.g the florist should be set up, so you'd need to choose somewhere in your local area that's suitable for the business and write why the place you've chosen is suitable for that business. My mate did a pub and he chose a high street near where we live as it's a busy high street, good transport links nearby, not many other pubs around, the people where i live like to drink (fits target market) and there's free parking nearby as well as 2 universities full of students who want to drink :smile:

Thank you for clearing many things but what type of questions did he ask and did he only ask in one location? I was also wondering how much did he write as there is 3 hours to write and finally what did he get? I appreciate you helping me
Reply 3
I am also doing task one for my GCSE business, but i need help, i don't know what to write, when it comes to the write up section.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending